Rush Poker and why I can't be arsed to play anything else.

• Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      Rush poker on Full tilt is just too easy.

I play NL5 FR cash tables and Rush FR.
      When i join a cash table i have to think about my opponents, i have to defend my blind once in a while or face having it always taken from me.
      I have to Bluff sometimes when calling a raise set mining otherwise its -Ev
      I have to multitable and thus reduce my ability to read my opponents in order to get an amount of playable hand that will not have me falling asleep. Cash tables require work. The bankroll building is slow and the donkbets are hilarious.

Rush poker
      When you play rush it is so dam easy to make the right decisions that you cant fail to make money. The ability to quickfold any non premium holding and gain a new hand instantaneously will keep you entertained and waiting for those lovely cowboys or rockets to come shooting down from the top of the screen.

Defending blinds is often pointless without 2 face cards or an ace in your hand. Attacking blinds is easy, if the small blind calls you, you know he has a hand. The big blind will 90% fold or fold to cbet.

Playing ABC poker at these tables will earn me roughly $10 an hour at NL5 when playing properly and not meeting too much variance. At a cash table I'm looking at 1 stackoff every 40 mins.

Whenever i have a bad session on cash tables and am down lets say 5BI i just go to rush tables and earn it back in about 1 hour, often meeting variance or Cowboys into rockets once per session.

There are numerous idiots that are calling and raising with any face card or ace. You can flop a set/flush/strait/boat and easily stack off with any idiot with TPTK.

The thing is you don't learn anything from rush poker. You already know what the premium hands are and what to do with them. You already know how to get value out of sets on the flop/turn/river.

It is a shame that I don't learn anything playing RUSH but i seem to crush it every session.

Anyone else having such experiences? :s_love: :s_love:
  • 24 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      1. It's NL5, ofc it should be easy.
      2. NL5 Rush FR 'regs' are just nits waiting for a bad player to call down light.
      3. If you don't learn anything playing rush you are not going to get pass NL5, maybe NL10.
      4. Sample size?
      5. Yeah, rush is great! :f_biggrin:
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      Yes im such a fu*king scrub playing NL5 etc.

I have only been playing cash game poker for a few weeks. All i wanted to know was if other people found RUSH so much easier than normal.

This thread is not about NL5 and how hard/easy it is.

Its about why the Rush games are so much easier to dominate than the normal ones of the same limit?

Sample size i dont know. if i have played 15k hands so far then maybe a third of them have been rush, maybe more because i get through so many hands. What are we talking about here every hand i play or including every hand i folded? Obviously i'm only playing the top 10 hands in poker basically. and any pocket pair.

But my winning is consistant. I just want to know why it is so easy to dominate Rush when i cant have the same level of success in normal.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      just keep playing and u will ship tons of $
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Rush is easy, rush is funny, many ppl rush for money!

trololo
    • racenutalways
      racenutalways
      Bronze
      Are you playing tight at FR are you using a HUD? HUD for Rush and NL should be set up differently.

http://www.parttimepoker.com/heads-up-display-hud-for-rush-poker
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      all we need now is RUSH HUNL :f_biggrin:
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Another amazing thing about Rush is that it's getting even easier when climbing limits, and you're crushing NL5, so why not try NL100 and ship some serious money? Do it, do it now!
    • joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Silver
      [quote] Defending blinds is often pointless without 2 face cards or an ace in your hand. [quote]

[quote] There are numerous idiots that are calling and raising with any face card or ace. [quote]

Priceless :f_love:
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by joeldowey123
      [quote] Defending blinds is often pointless without 2 face cards or an ace in your hand. [quote]

[quote] There are numerous idiots that are calling and raising with any face card or ace.

Priceless :f_love:

Incase you are not aware there is a huge difference between raising A8s in EP2 and defending a button opening raise from the blind with A8s. moron.
    • joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Silver
      defending your button, you never mentioned defending you button, ust your blinds! lol
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kodark
      defending a button opening raise from the blind.
      Originally posted by joeldowey123
      defending your button, you never mentioned defending you button, ust your blinds! lol
      You are a fucking idiot. When you have learned to read come back to the forums.
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      I think you all are just awful :f_p:
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      Still noone has answered my question, which is why Rush games are easier to profit from than normal ones.
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      that is because it isnt, most people have smaller winrate at rush, but obv more h/H
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Originally posted by phantommm92
      that is because it isnt, most people have smaller winrate at rush, but obv more h/H
      True. 6BB/100 @ NL SH @ 40K hands in a month =/= 2BB/100 @ NL SH RUSH @ 150K hands in a month
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      I was thinking more because even an idiot understands that most people are entering pot with premium hands or close to. So them trying to be clever and playing 63o doesn't seem like such a good idea. Where as on normal tables fish can get bored and call you with ATC making the possibility of them flopping an undetectable 2pair a possibility which could result in your AQ getting busted on a flop of Q63 when you think he is just calling your raises because of a king kicker or AK hand.
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      Rush poker sucks imo. or maybe i suck, dunno. but it seems very hard to crush it.

http://img690.imageshack.us/i/suckout.jpg/

http://img846.imageshack.us/i/50kh.jpg/

The first one is a rush graph. the other is from normal poker.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      I was thinking more because even an idiot understands that most people are entering pot with premium hands or close to. So them trying to be clever and playing 63o doesn't seem like such a good idea. Where as on normal tables fish can get bored and call you with ATC making the possibility of them flopping an undetectable 2pair a possibility which could result in your AQ getting busted on a flop of Q63 when you think he is just calling your raises because of a king kicker or AK hand.
    • matusko
      matusko
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      :D +1