Extra VPP bonus for micros orso?

• 3 replies
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      he ragney,

depending on you playing on Full Ring or Short Handed table you will receive a different amount of VPP/$rake - but the amount of VPP also is affected by the Limit.

If you play NL 10 you receive 7VPP/1$ rake (if 5 players at the table you will need to have 5$ of rake to have effective 1$ of 'personal' rake')

If you play on NL 25 you receive 6VPP/1$ rake if the game is Full Ring (tables with 8+ seats <--seats,not players!) and 5.5VPP/1$ rake if Short Handed.

Furthermore it also depends on the playing style. If a lot of hands are 3bet/fold preflop than no rake is taken and thus you do not receive VPP.
      My advice would be: do not go for as much VPP as possible but to improve your skill as much as possible by visiting coachings, watching our videos, using the hand evaluation forums and reading strategy articles.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SvenBe
      he ragney,

depending on you playing on Full Ring or Short Handed table you will receive a different amount of VPP/$rake - but the amount of VPP also is affected by the Limit.

If you play NL 10 you receive 7VPP/1$ rake (if 5 players at the table you will need to have 5$ of rake to have effective 1$ of 'personal' rake')

If you play on NL 25 you receive 6VPP/1$ rake if the game is Full Ring (tables with 8+ seats <--seats,not players!) and 5.5VPP/1$ rake if Short Handed.

Furthermore it also depends on the playing style. If a lot of hands are 3bet/fold preflop than no rake is taken and thus you do not receive VPP.
      My advice would be: do not go for as much VPP as possible but to improve your skill as much as possible by visiting coachings, watching our videos, using the hand evaluation forums and reading strategy articles.
      Thank you. I plan SH myself.

And yes I know my play is most important. Sometimes when you need some VPP or want to clear some kind of bonus and lack of poker motivation (like you've been having a bad day), 15-tabling nl10 tight isn't bad for this purpose although I use it minimum.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      he ragney,

again, desperately clearing a bonus after having a bad day at work is not the best way to have success at the poker.
      But its of course up to you - as long as you keep reviewing your game (posting hands, reading strategy articles, watching videos - it is up to you!) I don't mind having a grind-session in between. But especially if you have a higher status at PokerStars it might sometimes be worth the grind.