oponents range thought process

• Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      how can you better guess the oponent hand range? and how will you adapt to the raising of the blinds.
      my thougt process :
      first i pay atention in the early and mid stages to see what kind of players am i dealing with and how they adjust their play from the early from mid.

I think of my range and from early to late it loosens up alot

So in the mid early stage im against 5-7 oponents i look at the VP$IP and PFR of my opponents and if a TAG with a verry low VP$IP starts to push or steal blinds i think he has a small range so if his VP$IP is 10 till the mid early stage il put him on a a 20%range(55+, A3s+, K8s+, QTs+, A7o+, A5o, K9o+, QJo) and steal from him more loose and call his raises more tightly.

when we enter stage 3 i see that he is more agerssive he pushes more hands even thou i don;t see them i think that he's range incresses so my calling and pushin range will be adjusted from him as well.

i'll tighten a bit my range when he starts to loosen becose my range is bigger then his for example he will fold a A9o in the late mid stage but call a raise in the push or fold stage.

Against a LAG it's more difficult to adjust becose it happens that from the early to late stage to have a guy with VP$IP of 30-45 often in the mid stage 5-7 players and he has a decent stack.

he pushes verry loose so he collects the blind from the Tag and from me becose often enough i get into a flip for example with the bottom of my range in the early push or fold stage 12%(A9s-A6s, KJs-K8s, QTs+, A9o-A6o, KJo-K8o, QTo+) agains a 45% range(33+, A2s+, K2s+, Q3s+, J7s+, T8s+, A2o+, K3o+, Q6o+, J8o+, T9o) it a flip 48% to 52% in equilator.

so the bottom of my range is not that great against this kind of player ?

and the solution to this guy would be to play the top of my range and gain from the other players with the hands that i can't with this player.

and all in all my range is adjusted for every oponent at the table.

i post this to see how others are thinking and if my thought procces coresponds to the articles and to the thought proccess of more experienced players. please comment and post your ideas and sugestions :)
  • 6 replies
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      quessimate
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      i don't understand one word comments doesn't help me to much
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      When you are able to see it, try watching my "Ranges in Super Turbo SNGS" since I discuss putting players on ranges more generally, and describe various methods.

It sounds like you are watching your opponent's stats and stereotyping, which should be helpful. However, I am a bit concerned that you aren't talking about the position of the raiser. Regs in particular will have much different pushing ranges from the small blind versus CO.
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      thx 4 replying i just stated some of the main things i base my decision on his range. it all depends of the oponents becouse every plays diferntly more or less and position i haven't talk about it but i adjust my range acording to my postion or the position of the others. The video is in gold status.
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Just assume they will call with something completely stupid. You have to. Every time I assume they are tight, they turn around and surprise me. Even players that I think are Regs will suddenly call with a stupid hand.

I'm playing the $6.50 Super-Turbos and that is my experience.

Good Day :s_biggrin:
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      I have no problems with players who push too often according to the "Attempt to Steal" stats, it's the players who appear tight, show a 100% Fold to Steal over several hundred hands tracked, who have a VPIP and PFR of 8-8 and then turn around and Call your Push with K5s. Then you lose with A8o. And no, I don't think that I am so loose that they have justification to call with hands like that. They just continually surprise me.

That's my experience and I'm sticking to it. :s_o: