Moving up the limit

• ionasnorbert
      ionasnorbert
      Bronze
      I recently moved up from the 1$ sngs to the 2$ sngs on ftp for the 2nd time, first time was a bit too fast, i had quite an upswing in the 1$ and had the br to move up to the 2$ where i was very swingy till i fell down under my stop loss, so for the past month I've been grinding the 1$ to get 60bi for the 2$ to feel a bit safer, after 3 sessions i lost 10 bi, some cooler hands, some suckouts itm, but all in all i made a lot more mistakes than i usually do in the 1$, played a lot more scared.
      I 8 table the 1$ sngs no problem, so i figured i'd 6 table the 2$ for brm, but was very horrible.
      What can be done to help my mindset to play the 2$ as same as the 1$?
      I did pretty decent at the 1$ over 500 games i had an average roi of 6%
      However i can't find my way in these 2$ sngs.
      Any feedback or ideas or similar situations you have encountered are much appreciated!
  • 3 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Ahn... I would suggest less multitabling at first if you felt there is a difference either in play or player level (or both).

So... 1 or 2 tables at max on the first few sets, until you're secure. That will allow you to pay more attention on villain's play, gather info/stats on them, etc.

Then you can slowly (or not so slowly, depending on the results) add more tables - just like you did (or should have done) in the first time.

I don't know, it might be just me but I couldn't get the particularities of a new limit/game while 6 tabling. When I started moving from FR to SH I could barely 2 table (even though I could 12 table FR). It took me a while to adjust and now I'm comfortable with 4.

And so life goes...
    • ionasnorbert
      ionasnorbert
      Bronze
      Yes, ty for the response, thats basically what i did, i started 4 tabling so i can be 100% sure of my game, and after a while i got more comfortable. Now i am playing the 2$ quite good so far.
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      I think that's a good point. I am back down a limit after moving up and jumping into my standard muitlitabling. I am going to prepare better BR wise this time and start with one/two(max) tables. Hope it all goes well fella :)

AKM