This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Moving up the limit

• ionasnorbert
      ionasnorbert
      Bronze
      I recently moved up from the 1$ sngs to the 2$ sngs on ftp for the 2nd time, first time was a bit too fast, i had quite an upswing in the 1$ and had the br to move up to the 2$ where i was very swingy till i fell down under my stop loss, so for the past month I've been grinding the 1$ to get 60bi for the 2$ to feel a bit safer, after 3 sessions i lost 10 bi, some cooler hands, some suckouts itm, but all in all i made a lot more mistakes than i usually do in the 1$, played a lot more scared.
      I 8 table the 1$ sngs no problem, so i figured i'd 6 table the 2$ for brm, but was very horrible.
      What can be done to help my mindset to play the 2$ as same as the 1$?
      I did pretty decent at the 1$ over 500 games i had an average roi of 6%
      However i can't find my way in these 2$ sngs.
      Any feedback or ideas or similar situations you have encountered are much appreciated!
  • 3 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Ahn... I would suggest less multitabling at first if you felt there is a difference either in play or player level (or both).

So... 1 or 2 tables at max on the first few sets, until you're secure. That will allow you to pay more attention on villain's play, gather info/stats on them, etc.

Then you can slowly (or not so slowly, depending on the results) add more tables - just like you did (or should have done) in the first time.

I don't know, it might be just me but I couldn't get the particularities of a new limit/game while 6 tabling. When I started moving from FR to SH I could barely 2 table (even though I could 12 table FR). It took me a while to adjust and now I'm comfortable with 4.

And so life goes...
    • ionasnorbert
      ionasnorbert
      Bronze
      Yes, ty for the response, thats basically what i did, i started 4 tabling so i can be 100% sure of my game, and after a while i got more comfortable. Now i am playing the 2$ quite good so far.
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      I think that's a good point. I am back down a limit after moving up and jumping into my standard muitlitabling. I am going to prepare better BR wise this time and start with one/two(max) tables. Hope it all goes well fella :)

AKM