Video Discussion - Isildur1 Spewy or Special?

• DanielUK
      DanielUK
      Bronze
      Raise to 3,000 with K2 pre-flop and end up all-in for 231,000 on an AA3 flop with no draw - how does that work? Let's watch a hand involving Viktor 'Isildur1' Blom and find out.

What do you think of this hand between Viktor Blom and Ian Munns at the 2009 WSOPE Main Event? Let us know!

• 11 replies
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Completly depends on the history between them and how the opponent played on boards like that to make any decent conclusion imo.

vs the right opponent is brilliant.. vs the wrong it's absolutely terrible.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Well Blom didn't rep rly much of value w c/r as well as Munns w raise back since if Blom c/r range is mostly bluffs it doesn't rly make sense to raise back w Ax here (especially as weak as A7 since it should ISO him against stronger hands that Blom is repping and fold out his bluffs :f_biggrin: ) obv blom being blom realized that and since he's typical Swedish lagtard he went all in.

Anyway, don't think that his play is super duper spew overall, tho vs random live donk it def is, you can see by Munns reaction after blom goes all in that he just makes random moves without any plan whatsoever.
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Well Blom didn't rep rly much of value w c/r as well as Munns w raise back since if Blom c/r range is mostly bluffs it doesn't rly make sense to raise back w Ax here (especially as weak as A7 since it should ISO him against stronger hands that Blom is repping and fold out his bluffs :f_biggrin: ) obv blom being blom realized that and since he's typical Swedish lagtard he went all in.

Anyway, don't think that his play is super duper spew overall, tho vs random live donk it def is, you can see by Munns reaction after blom goes all in that he just makes random moves without any plan whatsoever.
      + 1

I completely agree with what you stated. Just want to add that his c/r on flop isnt too bad since villains 3b range that hits this flop with trips or better most of the time should bet more than 1/2 pot (he betted less than 1/2 pot) and those hands that bet less than half pot should indeed fold to a c/r except if villain has a fd which blom got beat with K hi (he blocks better k hi fds with his k :diamond:) . In case villain had an Ax type hand he can still win with bd flush or bd straight. Allthough vs bad players that just bets random bet sizing and just 3betting flop because he believes he has the best hand it is indeed very spewy, allthough it does make sense from isildur1's side imo.
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      IMO this hand is all different kind of aweful, Yeti theorem? If he wants to make a play I much prefer F c/c T c/r.
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      yeti thm taken to an extreme
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      that wasn't bluff, it was probably value bet, he thought he had him beat with K high
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      he just got owned by the donk clicking buttons with trips
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      backdoor diamonds is a draw
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
    • pepitarandom3
      pepitarandom3
      Bronze
      Needless to say we are watching the best NL HU player of all time.
    • DarkNeo1
      DarkNeo1
      Silver
      he's a fkin donk, thats what i thought when i saw it when it was firts broadcast.he still is a donk, just a lucky one :f_biggrin: