UTG ($17.75)
      UTG+1 ($9.10)
      UTG+2 ($10.55)
      Hero ($4.36)
      MP2 ($4)
      CO ($4)
      BTN ($10.15)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: T:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, MP2 calls $0.30, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.75) J:diamond: 5:heart: 9:diamond:

Hero bets $0.40, MP2 calls $0.40

TURN ($1.55) J:diamond: 5:heart: 9:diamond: J:heart:

Hero bets $1.20, MP2 raises to $3.30 (AI), Hero?

Hi,

Villain is 15/0(13 hands).
      According to the MSS, we should c/f this hand on Turn, right? But I think we are ahead most of the time here? How do you play this hand?

Thanks
  • 7 replies
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      I see your point: The J on the turn makes it less likely that he has toppair therefore second pair has more value.

I think I c/f the turn 8/10 times. The other 2/10 times I b/f.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Hi mineriva,

what do you think about his c/r range?
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      I think he is c/r with:

QQ+ (I see this line quite often with big pairs)
      Jx
      OESD and/or FD (as bluffs)

The fact that we have Th means there is only 1 combo where villian has OESD+FD which means his c/r range is more likely to have us crushed.

I am like never calling the c/r
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      You have to be very sure he is betting a large portion of his range on the Turn as a bluff when you check to him.
      If he is only betting Jx on the Turn and checking back draws, you are screwed

But yet I think b/f is also pretty thin so I think c/R with the amount of draws here is still abit better than everything else (c/c, c/f, b/f, b/c)

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      You have to be very sure he is betting a large portion of his range on the Turn as a bluff when you check to him.

But yet I think b/f is also pretty thin so I think c/R with the amount of draws here is still abit better than everything else (c/c, c/f, b/f, b/c)

Best regards,
      Gerv
      Hey Gerv,

I am sorry because I dont understand you statement. Hero does not check on the Turn as you said.
      Do you mean Hero c/r Turn better than b/f?
    • tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      I think this hand looks pretty good if you fold on the turn. Betting another time on the turn is brilliant and I will implement this in my game aswell, but when he raise you I think you are beat.

The problem i see is that your turn bet is maybe abit to big $1 is better. You wont give him so much odds for a flush draw cause you are MSS. Also if he plays back we can fold and lose less.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JHTAN
      Originally posted by Gerv

Best regards,
      Gerv
      Hey Gerv,

I am sorry because I dont understand you statement. Hero does not check on the Turn as you said.
      Do you mean Hero c/r Turn better than b/f?
      If check, I check/raise
      And since I don't like betting, one checks obviously ;)

Best regards,
      Gerv