This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Mss Nl10

• JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.07)
      BB ($10.87)
      UTG ($17.75)
      UTG+1 ($9.10)
      UTG+2 ($10.55)
      Hero ($4.36)
      MP2 ($4)
      CO ($4)
      BTN ($10.15)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: T:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, MP2 calls $0.30, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.75) J:diamond: 5:heart: 9:diamond:

Hero bets $0.40, MP2 calls $0.40

TURN ($1.55) J:diamond: 5:heart: 9:diamond: J:heart:

Hero bets $1.20, MP2 raises to $3.30 (AI), Hero?

Hi,

Villain is 15/0(13 hands).
      According to the MSS, we should c/f this hand on Turn, right? But I think we are ahead most of the time here? How do you play this hand?

Thanks
  • 7 replies
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      I see your point: The J on the turn makes it less likely that he has toppair therefore second pair has more value.

I think I c/f the turn 8/10 times. The other 2/10 times I b/f.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Hi mineriva,

what do you think about his c/r range?
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      I think he is c/r with:

QQ+ (I see this line quite often with big pairs)
      Jx
      OESD and/or FD (as bluffs)

The fact that we have Th means there is only 1 combo where villian has OESD+FD which means his c/r range is more likely to have us crushed.

I am like never calling the c/r
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      You have to be very sure he is betting a large portion of his range on the Turn as a bluff when you check to him.
      If he is only betting Jx on the Turn and checking back draws, you are screwed

But yet I think b/f is also pretty thin so I think c/R with the amount of draws here is still abit better than everything else (c/c, c/f, b/f, b/c)

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      You have to be very sure he is betting a large portion of his range on the Turn as a bluff when you check to him.

But yet I think b/f is also pretty thin so I think c/R with the amount of draws here is still abit better than everything else (c/c, c/f, b/f, b/c)

Best regards,
      Gerv
      Hey Gerv,

I am sorry because I dont understand you statement. Hero does not check on the Turn as you said.
      Do you mean Hero c/r Turn better than b/f?
    • tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      I think this hand looks pretty good if you fold on the turn. Betting another time on the turn is brilliant and I will implement this in my game aswell, but when he raise you I think you are beat.

The problem i see is that your turn bet is maybe abit to big $1 is better. You wont give him so much odds for a flush draw cause you are MSS. Also if he plays back we can fold and lose less.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JHTAN
      Originally posted by Gerv

Best regards,
      Gerv
      Hey Gerv,

I am sorry because I dont understand you statement. Hero does not check on the Turn as you said.
      Do you mean Hero c/r Turn better than b/f?
      If check, I check/raise
      And since I don't like betting, one checks obviously ;)

Best regards,
      Gerv