AMA: TwiceT

• TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black

A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of. He is shown a well and his guide says "On any day except Saturday, you can shout any question down that well and you'll be told the answer."

The man seems pretty impressed, and so he shouts down: Why not on Saturday? and the voice from in the well shouts back: Because on Saturday, it’s your day in the well.

:diamond: > 3 years poker pro
      :club: > 2 years coach for ps & private coach
      :heart: > 2.5k forum posts
      :spade: > a quarter million views in my blog

... if u still dont know me. i cant help u :P so i won't introduce myself ;) if u are interested in my story, check out my blog (link in sig)

i have never made a habit of posting in many strategy threads here at ps and also in my blog there is not a ton of strategy talk (but some other more interesting stuff!!! :D )

i would like to use this thread to answer your questions about poker and also any non-poker related topics. i will try my best to give some good answers, but dont flame me if i am not capable answering every question.

many outstanding plrs like phil galfond also wrote their Well. i absolutely cannot compare my achievements (poker wise) with his, but i achieved more than the average poker joe and i think there is a lot more to come (not only poker wise) so i hope its worth starting this thread.

since i feel like big things are to come the next months, i think its the perfect time now to start this thread and answer your questions. i might have to focus on my world domination plans soon or maybe i just ship a bracelet in vegas and am busy partying :D

to put it in phil's words:
      "Well thought out questions will be met with well thought out responses."

*******EDIT*******

renaming the thread: from "The Well" to "AMA" (ask me anything)
  • 784 replies
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      First in epic thread what do I get?

And here is my question: If you could pick a single moment in your poker development, what would be the biggest AHA moment.

Tnx for doing the well!
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      7 figures?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      When you coach a new student generally what are the first 2/3 sessions involving?

What was your starting bankroll?

Biggest shot you've ever taken? (% of BR wise)

The biggest mistake you see people do when they take shots?

How do you like your steak cooked?

1 blonde or 4 gingers?
    • JanPhi
      JanPhi
      Bronze
      you seem to have a very good poker-mindset, has it always been like that?

if not what were the most important steps do achieve it? and how do you keep it?
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      How's TTT progressing?

When you coming to Croatia? :D
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Hi TwiceT,

I'm a NL 25/50 sh player putting in as much time and effort as I possibly can in this thing and I just want to know if it's worth learning this variant?

My plan is to become good enough to beat/crush mid stakes and after that study other variants as well. (especially HU NLHE)

So is nlhe sh the best choice in terms of effort/reward terms over the long term ? Also I have no idea of how to play FL or PLO except for the basic rules :D

Also is it good to also play FR and HU in my case since I'm in this variant of poker?

Thanks.
    • dw00d
      dw00d
      Bronze
      where do you think is a good place for beginners to start?

cash tables or sng?

if sng how many players?

• jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      What's your favourite colour?

• Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      vodka+bull or vodka+juice ? :f_biggrin:

on a serious note:
      What do you think most pro poker players lack in their life?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      First advice for transitioning to PLO from NLHE?

When are you opening that strip club you were talking about in the Gib Interview?
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      7 figures?
      no :(
      but im working on it my friend ;) hopefully soon

im not such a baller as u are :f_cry:
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      First advice for transitioning to PLO from NLHE?

When are you opening that strip club you were talking about in the Gib Interview?

strategy wise: try not to think how u leared to think in NLHE. bet/fold more turns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mindset wise: before u rly consider plo to be one of your main games, rly work on your mindset. u need to be prepared

@ strip club: i hope soon my friend. first i have to start some other business ventures, but in some years kabooooooooooooo. already have a manager for it. ash is will be the stripclub bo$$ :f_grin:
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      Originally posted by Pincell
      vodka+bull or vodka+juice ? :f_biggrin:

used to drink vodka+bull
      as im getting older now i mostly changed it to vodka+juice .... and also waaaay more champagne than some years ago
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      What's your favourite colour?

hahaha :f_biggrin:

green is my honest answer.

in assesment centers or personality checks i say red or blue, depening on the job description. leaders/managers should have red or blue as their colour. science says so. although i personally dont believe in it as i think my personality is the one of a manager, big HR departments believe in that shit.

so if u are a headhunter, i say red.

and not, i dont need a job :f_biggrin: i eat the manager's salary for breakfast :s_biggrin:
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      Originally posted by dw00d
      where do you think is a good place for beginners to start?

cash tables or sng?

if sng how many players?

FR SNG imo. i also started that way. easiest way to learn. strategy wise i mean. no postflop skills needed. learn the charts, play with sng wizzard and u will be fine for the low buy-ins.

u get familiar with $ swings etc and at the same time can grind it out and boost your bankroll.

when u reach a certain br... dunno, 2k-5k or so ... i think cash game is the way to go
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      Originally posted by fulja
      How's TTT progressing?

When you coming to Croatia? :D

we have a big skype channel and one small core group that i regularly coach and stake.

the crew is shipping one mtt after another ... luckbox crew deluxe :f_biggrin:

hm, dunno. hopefully soon. maybe this summer my friend ;) august sounds like a decent choice!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Schnitzel or Vapiano?

Who is your favourite student and why?

Would you ever consider playing live on television? If so would you be playing serious business or crazy monkeystyle?

Dope or Hope?

If you would be training a completely new player to Poker, would you coach him SNGs, MTTs, PLO, NLHE, FLHE, Razz, Stud, Hi/Lo, Badugi? Elaborate on your decision :D
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      Hey thanks for this...youre awesome....

heres my question...

when you were moving up levels which one did you feel was the hardest...and why?
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      How do you decide what games u play? By $/hr? Can you rank them?

Asia?? Macau??? :D