[DONE] serious problem with elephant db

• NoOneSpcl
      Great databse settings window....where it's clear where you delete or empty the database etc.

however, the general settings window should have no effect on it... or at least that seems reasonable...

Pressed "reset settings" in the "general settings" window, and without any special remark other than the normal "are you sure" kind of messages...

the program lost all knowledge of the database it's using...prompting me to create a new one! (there shouldn't be any connection between general settings and anything that does not appear on that window)

But now, the previous database still exists... but for some reason cannot be chosen as the active database (old databse/username/password etc. are still intact, but there seems to be no way to tell elephant to use it! the create database window of course just says the databse already exists and does not need to be created...

the databse settings window has no knowledge of it at all for some reason.

That's a huuuge setback to my play... I lost too many hands from the last few weeks and it seems kinda strange that it cannot use the database (or that it stopped using the old one)

Hope this major setback can be solved!

• 2 replies
    • mrk1988
      Hey NoOneSpcl,

I will have a look into this issue - this should indeed not have happend. First thing you should try is to create a new database with the exact same name as the old database. If the "create database window" states that this database already exists try restarting the elephant and create it again.

Let me know if this helps.
    • Larres
      Hi there,

the purpose of this button is a complete reset and it prompts a warning message before doing so (seen the last time using the upcoming v0.102).

So, yes thats by design and we won't change that.