UTG ($2.99)
      UTG+1 ($10.97)
      UTG+2 ($10.55)
      MP1 ($15.42)
      MP2 ($13.80)
      CO ($6)
      Hero ($8.64)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:spade:

fold, fold, UTG+2 raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.95) T:spade: K:spade: 8:diamond:

UTG+2 checks, Hero?

UTG+2 wins $3.67

Villain stats,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hello, :D

Is that good to 3bet? I think cb Flop is better agaisnt this villian.
      How do you play this hand?

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello JHTAN,

Preflop: While it's from UTG and against somewhat nit I might even at some spots consider just Calling. Although while he calls a lot of the 3bets even OOP you might even consider it. Would be just ugly if he would 4bet us.
      Postflop: I'd still CBet it, while he may easily have worse pairs/draws. Might even have AQ/AJ which he wants to call for the GS and basically you can reevaluate it on turn whatever your actions going to be.

But of course while he is that aggressive and Check/Raising a lot of CBets then you can as well consider Checking behind and then reevaluating it on further streets.

Best regards.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello JHTAN,

Postflop: I'd still CBet it, while he may easily have worse pairs/draws. Might even have AQ/AJ which he wants to call for the GS and basically you can reevaluate it on turn whatever your actions going to be.

Best regards.
      But the Villain looks like to raise cbet 63%(8) but the sample size may be small.
      Yes, I did cbet and he c/r then I had to fold. :f_frown:
      Let say, you call preflop then you fold to his cbet on the same Flop above?

Thanks.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by JHTAN
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello JHTAN,

Best regards.
      But the Villain looks like to raise cbet 63%(8) but the sample size may be small.
      Yes, I did cbet and he c/r then I had to fold. :f_frown:
      Let say, you call preflop then you fold to his cbet on the same Flop above?

Thanks.
      Oh, actually I might even change the evaluation then when he really is raising that much. Somehow I missed that value. Therefore you could as well Check behind and maybe even induce him to bet. But usually when you get Check/Raised then yes, rather Bet/Fold.

And if we Call preflop, we can still Call once and reevaluate it on further streets. Although it's kinda problematic while he can do easily even 2barrels. Therefore you might even at some spots have to Call the 2nd barrel as well if you do Call the flop since I expect still him 2nd barrel as bluffs and maybe even with draws.