What limit to start at?

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if there is a big skill difference between nl2,4 and 10. Im almost rolled for nl10 but I play SnGs. Ive never really taken the time to play cash games.. Is it better to start at nl2 or can I just jump into nl4 and learn from there? Is the skill level a lot different? When I read posts it seems like ppl are very unpredictable in nl2 and hence makes the TAG style very profitable., wondering if it is the same for the other micro limits..

• 4 replies
    • kozmi55
      I think if you are rolled for nl10, you should start there. It's not very tough imho, but it also depends on which poker room you play. For example FTP or Stars are much tougher, than Bwin, but you can also make a solid winrate there with a basic strategy.

I also started CG after playing SNGs. I started at nl10 with 150 BIs (LoL :f_biggrin: ), played one month, than moved up to NL25, cause I was alredy rolled for that (60 BIs).

How many BIs do you have for nl10?
    • tokyoaces
      I suggest you start at NL2 and just move up quickly as you get comfortable with cash games and the micros. There's a lot of stuff you still need to learn to play cash games and it doesn't make sense to pay 5x more than you have to.
    • sufix645
      well I would start with NL2 imo. you need to gain some experience first, so if you lose money in a way, why you wanna lose more than you have to?
    • roopopper
      I would play nl2 for a while, just to get the hang of cash games, then in a few weeks if you feel ok about your game move up
      I moved from sng's and it took me quite sometime to get the hang of cash games, there is much less bluffing and the style is different