What is your motivation to play poker?

• Poll
    • What is your motivation to play poker?

play poker for a living
        37%
        have a nice side job
        33%
        love the challenge of the strategic game
        21%
        play poker just for fun
        8%
        sit at a High Stakes Poker table
        2%
      Total: 92 Votes
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Do you want to sit at a High Stakes Poker table, play poker for a living, have a nice side job or do you love the challenge of the strategic game? Let us know in our weekly vote.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
  • 11 replies
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      what im trying to do atm, play for my breakfast, clothes and electric bill for now. :D
    • Mitokonder
      Mitokonder
      Bronze
      Well they all are good options, but atm I have to stick with the *play poker for strategic experience*. Can't be *side-job* because I'm too lazy to get a job :D ..in the future though it would be nice to earn little extra money after dayjob :)
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      1) Side income
      2) Strategic experience

I would never want to become a pro though. Right now, my distant dream is for me to reach 20k by somewhere early 2009 so I finance a year of university in the US by poker for the most part as it's probably my only option to accumulate that amount of money while still studying in Belgium :)
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      My main motivation is to some day (hopefully soon) play for a living. I'm currently learning and getting better all the time, and right now I make ~100$ /day playing ~2.5-3.5h /day on NL50, PLO50 and 25. I should move up soon (already have the BR, just waiting for the new PA to come out), and I'm aiming for $5k /mth (we'll see if that's realistic :D ). Anywho I've got about 1.5 years until I finish my studies, so that gives me more than enough time to steadily move up and improve my game.
      But all in all I'd love to play for a living, mostly because I don't want to study for another 4 years or so, and also cause there's not many jobs that interest me much, and if I'm not motivated, I don't work/concentrate well ^^,
      Also playing or taking a break whenever I want and having a very flexible schedule is a nice prospect

edit: forgot to add I also love the "strategic" challenge

sorry for boring you with the long post ^^
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Wow, can't I chose 3? Pretty please? ^_^.
      So, I would like to play for a living, for the strategic experience and because I love to play poker, oh, and I guess it's 4, I would like to be able to play in big tournaments and get good finishes :) .
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      I think if you don't at least enjoy to play that everything else becomes irrelevant. So that's my number 1 reason. But the money's not that bad either, of course ;)
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      side job, strategic experience, i dont think i can be a pro probably a lot of effort and renouncements. but anway poker is most of all playing and having fun:)
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      For now my only realistic goal is a side job.Im a student and my scolarship isnt enough to cover all my needs...And of course, my dream is to be playing it for a living,but having enough time to do things too :tongue:
    • kajzr
      kajzr
      Bronze
      I think in my case is playing poker for living quite realistic idea. Thats because i am living in a very cheap country. If i will make at least 1000$ stable per month, i can play poker for living.
    • sandblaster
      sandblaster
      Bronze