NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.29)
      BB ($6.03)
      UTG ($3.60)
      Hero ($4.93)
      CO ($17.61)
      BTN ($7.01)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: J:spade:

UTG calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.70, fold, UTG calls $0.65, Hero calls $0.50

FLOP ($2.15) 7:spade: 8:diamond: 5:spade:

SB checks, UTG bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, SB calls $0.30

TURN ($3.05) 7:spade: 8:diamond: 5:spade: K:club:

SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($3.05) 7:spade: 8:diamond: 5:spade: K:club: J:heart:

SB bets $1.04, UTG raises to $2.60 (AI), Hero raises to $3.93 (AI), SB calls $2.89

Hero shows J:diamond: J:spade:
      (Pre 45%, Flop 5.5%, Turn 0.0%)

SB shows K:diamond: A:spade:
      (Pre 38%, Flop 3.6%, Turn 0.0%)

UTG shows 6:heart: 4:spade:
      (Pre 17%, Flop 90.9%, Turn 100.0%)

Hero wins $2.48
      UTG wins $10.13

So this was a couple of hands after joining the table. So I had no real reads on either player involved. I raised the limper because I feel JJ is quite a strong hand in 6-max. I get 3-bet by the SB and UTG calls. Having no real read on the players, I feel I could easily be behind, but decide to call and play and see what develops post-flop as they still have a decent chance of holding, and I could hit a set. UTG bets small for the pot size, and I feel it could be an attempt to try to take the pot cheaply. So I decide to call.

Turn is a K, not great for me, but there was a check round, so i figured the K might have been an all round scare card.

River is a J, so I have hit my set. At this point I'm only behind to pocket KK, 46 and 69, I felt I could rule out the latter two because I couldn't see someone either opting to 3-bet with them, or call a 3-bet with them, and KK would have surely could only be held by SB because UTG would have surely 4-bet with them. Thus I figure that I'm ahead here most of the time, possibly having set over set. Hence my decision to reraise all in on the river.

Do you think my overall reasoning was good for this hand?
      How could I have played it better?
      Would you expect someone to have 46in this situation?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello bennisboy,

Preflop: Raise it bigger here ~$0,25. And after the 3bet it's comes to very close spot. We getting like 12:1 and therefore not really good implied odds to set-mine. Although doable while we even have strong PP.

As played
      Flop: Somehow I don't really like the Call here. If he even is drawing then he just gets perfect odds for that. Therefore I'd just raise it up here. His stack ain't that huge either. And the 3bettor doesn't look like he is interested in the pot. If he had a hand then he would be CBetting the flop.

As played if flop was called
      Turn: Not much to do anymore. Check it behind.
      River: Not much to add.

And it's not possible to say either he has 46 in his range or not. While we weren't on the table and don't know how he did play. :) Of course it's possible if he is loose enough.

Best regards.