This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] all in or not

• daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $3.11
      BB:
      $2
      Hero:
      $0.7

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8:diamond: , 8:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, BU folds, SB calls $0.05, BB calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.18) 9:heart: , 8:spade: , 7:heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.18, BB calls $0.18, Hero raises to $0.64 (All-In), SB raises to $3.05 (All-In), BB calls $1.76 (All-In).

Turn: ($5.81) J:diamond:
      River: ($5.81) A:club: (3 players)

Final Pot: $5.81

got set on the flop but very dangerous board .
      I went to all in,should i have been more careful?
  • 4 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi daisuke - flush draws and a possible straight on that board... i'd be most worried about SB cos he's the postflop aggressor however the pot bet looks like hand protection against draws so he probably had a made hand or something like AK... BB just looks like a fish very passive.. i think you played it okay but im no master!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello daisuke,

You have a monsterhand on a drawheavy board. the SHC tells us that we have to bet/raise this hand here. Against made straights, we still have equity since we hit our full house for example

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • lemenya
      lemenya
      Bronze
      in this limits, a set is a very powerfull hand, this is a nice shove!

cause many players will call with a lot of pp's, draws and even over cards
    • Elroch
      Elroch
      Bronze
      Gerv is right, of course. The only hands you would be behind against are 99 (3 hands) or a made straight (48 hands, many of whom are very unlikely to have reached the flop. Even against a made straight you have between 30% and 36% of equity depending on how many hearts villain has.

All other hands (which are more likely) you are ahead (eg 92% against top pair with the ace of hearts, 85% against AA with a heart, 71% against a Th8h, 61% against an OESD+flush draw (because of your outs to a full house), even 55% against a flush draw and straight draw with the 8h (2 hands).