SuperUorMe's SnG blog

• MilanBurdych
      MilanBurdych
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

My name is Milan Burdych, 29 years old from Czech Republic, Pardubice, playing SnGs on PokerStars as "SuperUorMe", welcome to my blog!

I started this blog 4 years ago, just when I moved to PokerStars and it covers my journey since thn.
      Prior this blog, I was already playing poker as a pro for about an year, another few years back just for fun.

On PokerStars I grinded my way thru 9mans from 7$ buy-ins up to 100$, created myself lot of challenges, made Supernova every year and was adding new formats because I always wanted to get better at poker generally and mix things up for fun, challenge. If I dont like something, it is staying at one place for longer time. So I added fifty50s, 18mans, 9man hypers and recently also Spin and Go tournaments. My priorities always were to make money right at the tables, not just from RB, have fun playing and always get better. I had ups and I had downs like every other poker player, but it only made me stronger and helped me to move forward. Poker is game of my life, I have a great passion for it and wanna help others to discover this passion aswell.
      I had in my mind chasing SNE few times, but my situation is limiting hours I can spend playing poker. But it is very sweet "limitation" - I got married 5 years back and at about the same time our daughter was born. I took care about her when my wife was finishing dentist school, now am taking care of her when my wife is workin. So yeah, am a guy on maternity leave basically and I would recommend it to everyone who has the chance...
      I should also mention that I occasionaly play live tournaments with higher buyins, but I also go to WSOP somewhat regularly. Was there for 2 month in 2012 and returned for the same time in 2014. Grinded about 300 single table satellites with ABI around 500$, played some events, met many many guys around poker, travelled a bit. Am definitely going back there, it is the best poker event on Earth.

What am I doing at the moment? Grinding my favourite 9mans, various speeds and buyins 7$-100$ and 60$ Spind and Go, trying to get better at them. I also coach and help other aspiring poker players.

OK, I hope you ll have fun reading this blog and it ll be motivating for you. I believe I was always very honest in here expressing myself. Enjoy!

You can read the original first post here:
      Hello,

my name is Milan Burdych, am from Czech Republic, currently living in Brno. I ve been playing poker for about 5 years, for about 14 months now it s also being my job.

I decided to start my own blog, because new era is starting for me, am going to explain it through this brief history of my career:
      I started playing with friends, occasionally in pub for fun, for few crowns. I also started to play with play money on FullTilt (made about 3 millions, lol) and tried freerolls and so on. I also registered on other sites, trying to get something for free, more freerolls, you know. Later on I think it was a big mistake because I lost many many first deposit bonuses, rakebacks, which I would like to use now. But it was a start, it was fun, it was free. I also entered UNIpoker league, so I started to play on regular basis, still for few bucks or for free, I also started to play live.
      I was a student, had a girlfriend, was playin at nights for fun, sometimes I won, sometimes I lost, but I was in + numbers. I hit few MTTs for few k's dollars, but I always withdrew most. I was succesfull at UNIpoker league, got many friends, opportunities from there - tickets to Czech Poker Tour, bigger online MTT's...
      Last year I started to play on Cake Poker, played mostly double or nothings and was running good. I decided to give it shot, I also got married and had a baby girl :) = I wanted to be at home, try it, my wife supported me, so... I played few k's of DoNs, had rakeback, hit some freerolls, I made money enough to continue in playing poker and I started to consider it as a real job.
      Unfortunately, Cake Poker network suffered a lot, only regulars left so I went to PokerStars and kept playing DoNs. The field was much much tougher so I had to study more, adjust. I also had a bad -EV run and wanted a change (good choice, DoNs where cancelled month later :) ).
      From February 2011 till now I was playing 9man SnGs on FullTilt. Started with normals, then turbos, from 11 to 36BI. Played about 6k games with significant profit, everything was perfect even after black friday, but u all know what happened, FT is down, my bankroll and profit from June is busted there :(

So brief sum - I consider myself profitable player. My biggest edge is now in 9man SnGs of every speed, I was beating 11-36BI over 5k+ sample with over 5% ROI.

So here we go...I will start to play on PokerStars as "SuperUorMe", going to play 15BI turbos 9man SnGs with a small bankroll of 1,000$. I need to keep the bankroll small in these weird times and I need to withdraw every + day. It is sick, but u know, we are in a "safe mode" now, who knows when the PS will be shut down or something...
      It is going to be tough - new structure, new regulars, new adjusting, new searching, more hours to play, lower buyins - hard work again, just when things were going so well...but life goes on, time to grind it up.

I am going to post here everything I find interesting, my progress, goals and stuff. I found inspiration in other blogs, lessthanthrees is a must :)

Hope someone will find something to read here... (lol sick sentence).
  • 1367 replies
    • MilanBurdych
      MilanBurdych
      Bronze
      Here are the goals for July.

Play at least 1,000 15BI turbo 9man SnG's, sooner the better.
      Find regulars, make notes, all these things needed when changing site, level or so.
      Make Platinum Star - get better rakeback.
      Find the optimum game - structure is diffferent on FT, maybe I will adjust a bit my pushing and calling ranges coz of antes, not maybe, I definitely will.
      Adjust HEM, TableNinja, Wizard - table positions on screen, HUD positions, betting patterns - so I dont make missclicks and I make some habbits.

Most important goal is a sum of all these above:
      MAKE MYSELF COMFORTABLE PLAYING THERE.

Expectations:
      I don't expect high ROI, I expect high variance - I have no reads :) But I hope I will exploit my opponents soon.
    • Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      GL with your goals. I know it feels bad to loose your entire BR(especially if this is your full time job) but keep your head up :) .You beat these limit before you will beat them in the future - at least that is what im telling to myself :)
    • MilanBurdych
      MilanBurdych
      Bronze
      Thanx Gavron! And I agree, we have to keep the spirit and go on :) It is also very very important to maintain healthy bankroll + make some reserves and make sure that the poker bankroll is not also "life bankroll" - I mean you have to seperate these money, so than the lost of your poker bankroll doesnt affect immediatelly your life.
    • MilanBurdych
      MilanBurdych
      Bronze
      So I played first 60 15BI 9man turbo SnGs on PS today. I was running pretty good, u can see the graph below.
      I am getting use to different table layout, am enjoying work with TableNinja, it is just saving me so many clicks and flop bets calculations and so on.
      Tables are full of regs but most of them are "rakeback pros". They so many leaks, they are not adjusting, very exploitable - obviously they make variance go high, but in time u can make pretty good reads on them. I also played with few familiar screen names from FullTilt, so I guess there will be a lot of runaways :)
      I really enjoy the amount of REAL FISHES here on PS. They were almost gone from FullTilt last months, I did even laugh few times what are they capable of.
      So i think tables are little bit easier in generel based on a small sample (am playing smaller buyin than on FT so it might also be the reason).

One paranoic thing - the card distribution and setups and running fullhouses over trips over nut flushes and so on...LOL @ PS, am so happy I play sngs where it s mostly allin preflop and I dont care about the board structure, but I saw today more setups than in a month on FT :D

• MilanBurdych
      MilanBurdych
      Bronze
      So far I ve been playin 4 days, not the amount I wanted, because am kinda ill, but still good numbers :)
      Today I tried 12tabling with TN, using shortcuts to set aside tables with action, tables with bubles and tables ITM, first feelings are awesome, played 3,2 hours block, made 50 of them and feel good = two sets like that a day are very likely to be done :)
      I think field is soft, blind versus blind in general - no light calls so far, noone really adjusting, am already trying some limp/shove moves on some regs, working fine, but they still didnt shove light, so they are really playing ABC.

P.S.: The best on 12tabling with tables stacked is that u dont see suckouts, u dont see the cards dealt, perfect for staying calm :)

Numbers:

• MilanBurdych
      MilanBurdych
      Bronze
      So I ve made 500 tourneys (almost) !
      Things are going fine, I think am not making any big mistakes. Am really trying hard not to flip with 10bbs+, trying to not open with marginal hands with 15bbs+ and mixing it up blind vs blind.
      I still can not understad few rakeback pros, why are they playin the game like that lol. It s flippin, flippin, flippin, bad call bvb, bad shove bvb...simple break even play. Very very easy to exploit to your benefit thou...
      And as I mentioned, fishes are awesome :D I would just like to see more of them, but am gettin use to 5regs on average after BF :(

I ve also made gold status = some rakeback plus I ve made like top 20 in high orbit (battle of planets = about 50$).
    • CryoGenic
      CryoGenic
      Bronze
      hi!Nice blog...and nicer graph :heart: . what whould u recomend a total beginner in sng to read or learn?..I playing cash mostly.And what can I play with 230$?tx
    • MilanBurdych
      MilanBurdych
      Bronze
      Hey CryoGenic, thanx!

U should definitely read everything on PokerStrategy about SnG's, watch every videos also. I recommend you to start playing 9mans, turbo or normal, u will see what suites you better and u better have about 100 buyins bnankroll, so 2 dollars SnGs. Play, read, watch and it will come, I can give you hand with further questions ;)
    • MilanBurdych
      MilanBurdych
      Bronze
      Played over 800 so far, slowly climbing up, not that fast as on the beginning, but still pretty awesome. EV going up, so my game is my A game. Playing currently 15 tables, it is not that much difference than 12 tabling, will see. Grabbing some bonuses, will make it to high orbit leaderboard again.
      My goal is to make platinum before 22nd (including), thn am gonna go play live sngs at the poker festival here in Czech. It means about 450 SnGs more, very reachable.
      I can recognize some very good regs now, but there are not many of them. As I said, usually BE reg with massive leaks. Also found few reg fishes from FT - finally came! :D
      As I planned, I withdraw instantly after session any profit via moneybookers, have it in like 5-30mins in my account.

Graph so far...

• MilanBurdych
      MilanBurdych
      Bronze
      July is past, lets summarize.
      Start of July was better then expected, in the middle of July I decided to go 23rd-31st of July to Pokerstars Poker Festival Pardubice (PPFP), the biggest poker festival in Czech Republic ever. So I had to make my platinum faster, started 15tabling and had no luck and so on = I didnt enjoy playing and I wanted to have it done. Maybe I wasnt playing the best, but I didnt make many mistakes, still its 600 sngs break even, but that happens a lot :) Some bonuses made it a fine month (3 weeks).
      PPFP - there were 3 bigger tourneys every day, obviously cash games and PokerStrategy SNG Arena running every day for about 13 hours. There were buyins about 17,5$, 30$ and 60$, 9 man, structure 25/25, 25/50, 50/100, 100/200, 150/300... 12mins levels. Very fishy field with very few good players. There were also leaderboard to final freeroll for aprox. 5,800$ in tickets to one website where you can buy buyins to bigger live tournaments in Czech and so on. So I was playing 30 and 60, runnin fine, easy, easy games. I placed in the leaderboard so I got to play freeroll SNG on 31st (9 players playing). I also played few MTTs, cashed in 60$ TURBO for 3rd place of 63 entrants, made another final table in same tourney another day. I played the biggest MTT, 2day event 375$ buyin, 15k stacks, 40mins levels, perfect slow structure, 230 entrants or so, tough field. I enjoyed it, made chips early with few xbets :D I was still ahead of average and doubled with TP against FD and had double avg in 100ppl. Unfortunately I was about 2-3hrs card dead and bubble (27pl) was comming, I had 9BB. Btn opened, I shoved K9s, BB CALLED with 11BBs, btn folded. BB had JQoff and I hold ;) So I made it to the day 2, it was 31st, same day of the freeroll SNG and I had ambitions to play two final tables that day and make some real money. BUT with 20 ppl left, aggresive player open shoved from MP about 17BBs, I found AKs and reshoved 18BBs. He had A8s, 8 on the river and I was done :/ It was again for the double average, final table stack :( So no luck for me, again. I went to play that freeroll SNG, few ppl busted I had 11BBs on BB, AsQc, SB shoved 15BBs with AcQs, board XXcXc Xc Xc - WTF? Finished 6th.
      I made some nice money, but u know - could have been much much better...

• Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze
      good i ve changed rooms cause u re doing good and was playing vs u many times at stars :D
    • MilanBurdych
      MilanBurdych
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Schris7
      good i ve changed rooms cause u re doing good and was playing vs u many times at stars :D
      Hehe, good for both of us! :P GL at Ongame!
    • Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      Nice Graph :) congrats.
    • MilanBurdych
      MilanBurdych
      Bronze
      What s the probability for the winning player for this? So sick :(

• shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MilanBurdych
      What s the probability for the winning player for this? So sick :(
      about 30%
    • Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      No it is not 30%.

But it is not uncommon to have 30+ BI swing in STT's. Just keep on grinding and don't let the results affect your play.
    • MilanBurdych
      MilanBurdych
      Bronze
      Actually I know these probabilities (recommending Alkaatch video where he calculates it), I ve played a lot of SnGs and had also about 90BIs swing, but this one is very very straight down. I finished -50BIs with EV -3BIs after 175 SnGs yesterday, had to drop down to 7$...I played with wiz and so on and it really is just variance, setups...you know these days when u re not getting premiums, when u do, u dont win, when u make a good call, u dont win, when u shove +EV, always someone wakes up with better hand...I made sure myself am not overplaying cards, bluffing - not doing anything of this kind for a long time. I got even paranoid, that my kings wont hold up, so I filtered them in HEM and voilá = -122BBs with kings is not good after 67 times I had kings, lol.
      I will grind my way up, dont worry, I just like these stats and numbers and studying to ensure myself am not playing badly :(
    • michellecip
      michellecip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gavron23
      No it is not 30%.

But it is not uncommon to have 30+ BI swing in STT's. Just keep on grinding and don't let the results affect your play.
      +1
      You demonstrated to us that you are a great SNG player.Never forget that !
      So start grinding with your head up and cover that damage.
      Good luck !
    • Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze
      i can feel u . there always some days that whatever u do u just cant win.just try not to get affected by that and if u feel your game is good dont change it just because u re on a downswing .

gl