FLOP ($0.70) 9:heart: Q:diamond: J:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

TURN ($0.70) 9:heart: Q:diamond: J:diamond: 2:spade:

Hero bets $0.40, UTG+1 calls $0.40

RIVER ($1.50) 9:heart: Q:diamond: J:diamond: 2:spade: 3:heart:

Hero bets $0.90, UTG+1 folds

Hero shows 6:spade: 6:heart:

Hero wins $1.43

When he checks back the flop I think he might be taking a free card with a T, some kind of 9T or JT combo, or an underpair. I decide to fire the turn because I don't think I often have the best hand in this spot unless he has some kind of complete air Ax hand. He flats so now I'm sure he has either some kind of Tx hand which may include a pair, though I'm pretty sure he doesnt have a queen. I think I can rep a queen by playing bet-bet on turn and river he will have to fold a 9, often a jack (obviously this is player dependant), and any other random Tx hands. Obviously if he has T8 or KT he has been trapping me, but I dont think I can win this hand any other way and I'm always folding to a raise. Comments much appreciated.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Nah, I don't think that he is ever trapping here. But rather calling the turn with some draw or even just overcards like AK or whatsoever. And when the opponent is rather passive one then I don't think that we are making him to fold any better hand than ours, therefore I might even consider Checking the river and take the free showdown.

Do you think he does have a lot of 9x hands in his UTG range? Do you think he is capable of folding Jx there? Any other hand we do win by just Checking and taking the free showdown unless he turns his A high into bluff.

Best regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Can he not have 77/88/TT here too? I suppose there arent many 9's in his range, and he probably shouldnt be checking back with Jx or Qx. Turning pairs into bluffs probably not the best idea. We'll call this a merge to get called by A-high :-P.

I am not making much fold on the river though I see what you mean. What about bluff catching? Could I only check call if I know that he could possibly have a bluff in this spot?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Can he not have 77/88/TT here too?

Yep, those are mainly and only hands which we can consider actually of making him to fold and even with 77/88 is the case that I am not really sure if he even would float with them on such a board as he even doesn't CBet it.

What about bluff catching? Could I only check call if I know that he could possibly have a bluff in this spot?

Nah, rather still prefer to turn my hand in this case to bluff than make a hero Check/Call.