Changes to the forum structure: Your feedback!

• Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hello folks,

as you probably have noticed, we have performed some minor (and a few major :) ) fixes to the forum which are all intended to allow for a better overview and an overall reduction in size.

Those are the changes in detail:
      • Links to the strategy sections to the description of General Poker Discussion will be added
      • The database exchange category will be removed, existing threads will be moved into General Poker Discussion
      • Private Coaching will be re-arranged as childboard of General Poker Discussion
      • Feedback to Live Coachings, Videos and Hand Evaluations will be re-arranged as childboard of Feedback and Suggestions
      • Fun & Off Topic will be rebranded to "Fun & ???" (suggestions welcome. Mainly, we want to distinguish the board from the Small Talk which covers more "serious" topics) and re-arranged as childboard of Small Talk
      • Freerolls, Promotions and Community events will be rebranded as Community forum and placed in the Community category
      • Sports will be re-arranged as childboard of Small Talk
      • The hand evaluation boards will be re-arranged as child boards of the respective strategy discussion. See here for an example: http://de.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1787
      • NL BSS and SSS/MSS categories will be merged
      • SNG/MTT category will be placed higher
      • A "Railing" childboard will be added to Staking: Offers and Requests

We're eager to hear what you guys think :)

Regards,

Hadi
  • 20 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hello Guys and Girls :D !

We would really appreciate if you could give us your feedback regarding the forum changes please.

Like or not like it ^^ :)

Looking forward!
      Ingrid
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I think that the Hand Evaluation part of the forum should be put into a separate forum or excluded from the "new posts" as its over crowding the forum.

I do love the hand evaluations, its good for everybody game but there should be a filter to stop it making such a mess in the forum

Also i think "fun & ????" should just be called "Pub"

Best Regards
      Matt
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hello guys,

due to the downtime on the weekend, we're experiencing some problems due to which the forum changes will be delayed, probably until some time this week.

Apologies,

Hadi
    • w0rm24
      w0rm24
      Bronze
      Would it be possible to have a separate board for SH cash games? Even if it was a childboard of the NL board, it would still be pretty cool to have a place for SH players to hang out :)
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      The traffic just doesn't warrant a separate SH forum - but in the Silver+ hand evaluation forums, we use prefixes ([SH] and [FR]) to distinguish between the two, that should help you find the threads you want :)
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Looks like I'll get to keep my promise: Everything seems to be back up and running again, so we'll hopefully have the changes done this time tomorrow :)

Hadi
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      I'll have to take that back :( Forum changes will be done first thing Monday morning - apologies for the delays folks
      Bronze
      omg its so bad.. where are the whole FL section ? :/ X( X( X( X(
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      It's back in the meantime ;)
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      One thing i find bit annoying now is that I can see title of topic from higher status level area. E.g. for me in SNG Expert Discussion current latest post is in platinum area ---> Click that topic and "Access denied."... :f_frown:

It would be more logical if that would also been shown as 'unknown'. Though that might require some changes to forum code.
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Yep, unfortunately that is one of the downsides. As we're currently awaiting the rest of the feedback to decide whether to keep the changes (very likely at the moment) and if we want to introduce them to other communities as well. Depending on whether the latter happens, we might perform changes to the forum code to prevent that problem from happening :)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I liked more when icons of threads were yellow, not red as now. Yellow looked more warm :) you could make the icon color as an option is some settings.
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      I liked more when icons of threads were yellow, not red as now. Yellow looked more warm :) you could make the icon color as an option is some settings.
      +1
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gabinr1
      +1
      I'm working on it guys :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Give my old arrows back. :coolface: Would be great if we could choose from the forum structure as well. So at least I would see if I have new posts in my HE forums.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      :( not possible to change it back. sigh... I also miss my little yellow envelops.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Give my old arrows back. :coolface:
      lmao :D
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      +1
      Yea, I hate the new one too
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      +1
      Yea, I hate the new one too
      maybe it's just me but it makes it so hard to read with pale red on grey or w/e