Video Discussion - Hellmuth, Slowrolls and Sick Suckouts

• DanielUK
      DanielUK
      Bronze
      Negreanu: "Why's everyone so happy except Phil?"

Tony G: "Phil deserved that...the bike's coming"

Hellmuth: "you've got to be f&@*ing kidding me"

This week we have a spectacular hand from PokerStars The Big Game Episode 1 where Ernest Wiggins, The Loose Cannon, gets the better of Phil Hellmuth. Phil is massively ahead after they both get it in on the flop so they agree to run it four times. The eventual outcome? 0.18% probability - much to everyone's amusement except for a certain disgruntled Poker Brat.

What do you think of this hand? Keeping in mind that Hellmuth only has $80,000 when he raises $12,000 from the BB with A9o? What's your opinion on the Cannon's flat pre?

How bad is this slowroll? Did you enjoy the taunting? Have you ever seen a suckout like this before? There's loads to discuss, we look forward to seeing what you have to say!

• 10 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Someone pass Phil a tissue lol, Quality!
    • Pkrpains
      Pkrpains
      Silver
      I laughed so hard at this. :D
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :D
    • xJCzZ
      xJCzZ
      Bronze
      I love watching this again, its soo good that is some crazy variance
    • Steelbrewer
      Steelbrewer
      Silver
      quite an epic hand but I think Phil gave the cannon a chance to win something by running it 4 times and everybody (except Doyle) still jumped on him.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      yes, I have seen this before and I still can't decide whether Phil is slow rolling or not. PH is something of a nit and I think he considers TT a genuine possibility for the Canon, particularly as he just flats pre. He asks the Canon if he has aces or kings and the Canon's answer implies he doesn't which leaves just TT, JJ or QQ or big combo draws as hands which the Canon might himself believe are best, not to mention T9 which is a typical "Canon hand".

so I don't entirely think PH is slow rolling here. the fact that he offers to run it three times which is clearly in the canon's favour is another argument for saying he wasn't intentionally trying to deceive.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      What confuses me is why, when PH leaves the table to walk around a few seconds, he says out LOUD "You've gotta be bleep kidding me" when he's out of hearing range for the others AND says it so low.
      Showing off for the cameras?

Regards,
      Richard
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      that's what you get for playing A9o this way
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      I recorded this and only just got round to watching it yesterday.

Firstly I don't think it was a slowroll regardless of what Hellmuth said after about thinking he might have had pocket TT. He knew he had AA or KK and was making it look like a tough decision so that Wiggins would snap call his all-in.

As for the taunting I don't really like it or think it is fair, in my opinion Hellmuth deserves great credit. The money is not very significant to him with all his millions in the bank but for the online qualifier (loose cannon) it could be life changing if he won some money from this game and so he gave him a chance to survive by running it 4 times.

The result is hilarious that he managed to win 3 out of the 4. I think Hellmuth comes out of it looking a better gentleman and sportsman than Negreanu and Tony G even though they look like they are backing Wiggins and friends with him if they were in that spot I doubt they would have ran it 4 times.
    • needagun
      needagun
      Bronze
      sorry to say it but it's painful to watch such an idiot get so lucky