PokerStars Red Spade Open - $1mil guarantee

• Dontsay7
      Dontsay7
      Bronze
      Hi all

PokerStars are running a HUGE $1mil guarantee tourney on the 31st July at 2100CET - It's a $55 buy-in with $1 million guaranteed, with at LEAST $200,000 going to the winner!

In addition to this to celebrate the success of Team PokerStars Pro at the WSOP, Stars are putting a $100 bounty on each team pro's head. The bounty applies to any player with a red spade next to their name in the lobby so includes team PokerStars online pro too.

It should be a huge field and a shot at the big bucks for a smaller buy-in, GL and find out more info here
  • 86 replies
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      still miss turbotakedown X(
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      Me too, they said there will be a replace for it in the near future.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      who wants to swap some action?
    • burak220
      burak220
      Bronze
      I'm quite sure there will be at least 10k people in it..
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      I'd like to if i'll play it
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bigniux
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      I'd like to if i'll play it
      If you do, please use the staking forum area to add details and finalise everything so there is no misunderstanding later on.

Please keep this thread for tournament discussion/railing etc and don't discuss money transfers/staking etc here.

Many thanks ;)

Bart

Oh and in terms of the tournament, I haven't had the chance to look into it this particular event yet, but not a great deal of time to run deep in long tournaments personally (not that i run deep that often :D )
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      You realize this is turbo takedown? Even the buy-in is identical.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Anssi
      You realize this is turbo takedown? Even the buy-in is identical.
      yeah u can buy the ticket from the store for 3.5k fpp
    • Beastofterror
      Beastofterror
      Bronze
      Won a hyperturbo sattelite for it so i guess ill play it. At least 20K participants i believe so the chance of cashing wont be huge. What would you guys do? Play or grind some more hyper turbo sngs?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Well played Beastofterror, many congrats.

I personally tend to grind the first seat I win in events and try to multiply it up into a couple of seats. That way you can pretty much play it on a freeroll basis each week or once a month or whatever you want to do (subject to running good in the satties ofc).

It is however totally up to you, if you wanted to have a go at the main tournament itself, go for it, you earnt your entry ;)

Lastly and apologies for off-topic but I love it when Anssi posts in our Community... gotta love that Black Member avatar :s_thumbsup:

Good luck in the tournament everyone,

Bart
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Took a one-off shot into this winning the $15+1.50 STT

Just bubbled the Red Spade 4,377th/31,743 (top 4,292 cash) :(

Never just look for min cash though.

10bb shove from button with AQs still good I think, just unlucky big blind woke up with TT.

Will post the hand in sample hands board shortly.

gg, gl anyone still in.

Bart
    • TimoDee
      TimoDee
      Bronze
      hey unlucky EagleStar88 :(

I'm the same as you, I qualified with the $15+1.50 STT, and currently still in. I'm 863rd out of 3327, and I know that ihufa is still in too :)
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Why the ¤=(&!¤ would they have 3 hours late reg, for some reason I decided to play this stupid tournament and take half the night mincashing :f_biggrin:
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TimoDee

I'm the same as you, I qualified with the $15+1.50 STT, and currently still in. I'm 863rd out of 3327, and I know that ihufa is still in too :)
      That's great :s_thumbsup: Keep going... English Community ftw!

pm me your username if you'd like a railbird... edit railbloke ;)

I had a German community member on my first table. He played really well and a really nice chap but busted to sick hand. GG Cycl if you're out there looking in ;)

Bart
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Why the ¤=(&!¤ would they have 3 hours late reg, for some reason I decided to play this stupid tournament and take half the night mincashing :f_biggrin:
      Yes ladder is a little strange as well I thought, but still great fun. Enjoyed it as don't often get the chance to play big mtt's (relative to my BR lol ofc)

Bart
    • TimoDee
      TimoDee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Originally posted by TimoDee

That's great :s_thumbsup: Keep going... English Community ftw!

pm me your username if you'd like a railbird... edit railbloke ;)

I had a German community member on my first table. He played really well and a really nice chap but busted to sick hand. GG Cycl if you're out there looking in ;)

Bart
      Hey mate thanks for the words of encoruagemnt, I'm still in the tourney (267th out of 375), about PMing you my user name, thanks for the offer but I don't count myself a very good poker player and I wouldn't want a SuperModerator to realise how much of a donk of a player I am with my poor players and possibly banning me lol, and I would feel under a little bit more pressure knowing someone superior is watching.

Would be nice to have my first ever fan lol, so thanks for being nice...but maybe in a few months time when I'm more confident with my game ! :)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Not a problem at all, totally understand.

Sounds like your having a great deep run, good luck buddy & enjoy it, it's a great feeling isn't it :)

Let us all know how you got on sometime tomorrow.

Best regards,

Bart
      (proud founding member of the TimoDee fan club ;) )

p.s. Moderators are just normal members of the community that help out a little around the place, we're not that special lol, but thanks anyway :) )
    • TimoDee
      TimoDee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Not a problem at all, totally understand.

Sounds like your having a great deep run, good luck buddy & enjoy it, it's a great feeling isn't it :)

Let us all know how you got on sometime tomorrow.

Best regards,

Bart
      (proud founding member of the TimoDee fan club ;) )

p.s. Moderators are just normal members of the community that help out a little around the place, we're not that special lol, but thanks anyway :) )
      Quick update: 83 out ouf 213... Spewed off a lot of chips on a stupid hand, so a little bit annoyed...but for 15 dollars satelite I still can't complain.

Still, thanks for your support man, feels nice !!!
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      GL