NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($12.02)
      BB ($10.10)
      UTG ($4.40)
      Hero ($10)
      CO ($11.98)
      BTN ($14.52)

Dealt to Hero 2:diamond: 2:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BTN raises to $0.70, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.55) A:club: 2:club: 9:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

TURN ($2.95) A:club: 2:club: 9:diamond: T:club:

Hero bets $1.90, BTN calls $1.90

RIVER ($6.75) A:club: 2:club: 9:diamond: T:club: 7:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $3, Hero calls $3

44/20/4.4
      3bet 9,7
      305 hands

I have notes that he bets river nearly pot with busted flushdraw, bluff all streets with flushdraw, bluff river with busted gutshot.

Also have note that he raises flop allin with two pair - so sometimes he by using aggression he might have a good hand.

Now on flop I check/call to keep his bluffs. It would suck if he has a flushdraw and hits so don't know, maybe I should raise him. He could call then with strong aces.

Or I had to bet myself and hope that he will bluffraise me, so more money in the pot. Just don't know what would I do - raise again for protection or call to keep bluffs.

The turn is worse, now it may look that I have hit my flush. But I did not want to miss value from aces, so I bet myself.

The river is even more worse. Now he will fold most of his hands if I bet, so no need, but when I check, there might be bluffs from such a player. I remember I used a timebank and on the last seconds called his bet and of course took a note. This might look so unlikely that I am ahead, but this is a good spot to bluff for him, because he might think if I have a flush, I will bet myself, but I don't do, so he himself can represent a flush.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Flop: Why don't you just Check/Raise the flop to protect? Not a huge fan of this actually to Check/Call it ever on such a board.

As played
      Turn: What are you trying to achieve with the donk here? Of course it's doable but now again played pretty badly on flop and what you gonna do if you get raised? As you said he is barreling a lot then I expect him sometimes even be capable of bluffing in this spots and we will have hard time Calling vs his raise.

As played
      River: Uh, and that's where we can bring ourselves with such a play. :D Leveling to make the hero Call while we just beat bluff. Not a huge fan of it rather fold it vs 1/2 pot size bet with our reads. As you said yourself he bet near pot with busted FD then I expect here do the same and if he does rather smaller then looks like some kind of value-bet.

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Guess what - had AJ there :) (top pair)

But as I see I often make mistakes with extracting value - when I should protect, then I don't, when I should just call to keep bluffs, then I try to protect :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Guess what - had AJ there :) (top pair)

But as I see I often make mistakes with extracting value - when I should protect, then I don't, when I should just call to keep bluffs, then I try to protect :D
      And that's a bluff. :) AJ is never betting there for value.