This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [NL 25 SH] 76s tilt?

• DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $25,2
      CO:
      $33,7

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7:spade: , 6:spade:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0,75, BU folds, Hero raises to $2,75, BB folds, CO raises to $6,50, Hero calls $3,75.

Flop: ($13,25) 8:heart: , 8:spade: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $6,25, Hero raises to $18,70 (All-In), CO folds.

Final Pot: $38,20

His range on the CO was quite wide, and I wanted to put him under pressure so that he stops stealing my buttons. I did not 3bet a lot on that table as well in previous hands.
      I get 4betted, though for a while, and decided that I was offered decent odds to play my SC IP (I now think it was either a 5bet bluff or a fold, most likely a fold).
      The flop is excellent for my hand with an excellent equity. I decide to check/raise instead of donk to get some value out of AK, and maybe worst hands he may have 4betbluffed me with.

Any thoughs?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      imo you can´t call oop with 76s, since his range is mostly overpairs that you really can´t get correct odds and once you call you also have to play for stacks on 792, 862 and so on boards, which means you´re calling pf 3,75, but likely have to play stacks on low boards, which might easily out you on tilt and seems like spew.
      Since you hit your oesd, you can´t really fold, so postflop is standard
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Woops, I'm OOP right, the call preflop is clearly a tilt out of nowhere.
      ty