Luckbox

• 7 replies
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      interesting article. wonder if there's something similar for SnG?

and btw, i know SnG wizard can automatically parse your <10BB decisions.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      nice article.

I have a question about Pokerev. In the "statistics" tab there is a "Won W/O showdown"statistics. does this one include folded blinds?

The only two situations where I can lose substantial amount of money (without a SD, playing SSS) are multiway pots and failed stealing attempts. Ats adds twice, because I contibet 100% of the time when get checked and due to the low pot odds have to fold to a reraise.

Does negative "Won W/O showndown" obviously indicate that I need to fix my stealing strategy?)
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      @xylere

Won w/o SD includes blinds and therefore playing too tightly from the blinds might also contribute to -ve W W/O SD. Certain playing styles can apparently skew quite a lot of the data from PokerEV so be careful when making adjustments to a "winning style".

The filters in Poker EV are its best feature IMO.

If your ats and corresponding contibet frequency are too high then your overall strategy is open to exploitation by opponents whom bluff-raise. You have to slow down and/or call-down lighter.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      hmm, with blinds things are not that obvious. i`ll check the filters. thanks
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Really do.
      Btw, your losses w/o showdown will be higher at lower limits I think because many people allow you to draw relatively cheap to your straight and flushes and any missed draw results in non-showdown losses.

All these factors you gotta take into account.
    • rakazorus
      rakazorus
      Bronze
      If I understand right, if i flop a double pair and go al in and my opponent calls having flopped a full house, that's bad play and not bad luck, right?
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      PokerEV does not take coolers into account.
      It is bad luck (perhaps also bad play), but pokerEV won't recognize it.