fold, CO raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.37, 2 players) 9:spade: Q:diamond: K:spade:
      CO bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

Turn: ($0.87, 2 players) K:diamond:
      CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.87, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      CO bets $0.55, Hero calls $0.55

He plays 18/13/4.7 255 hands sample
      Pre. Can I make 3bet here? And only now i noticet that his late positions play is 35/28 so I am IP and my hand is ahed of his range - 3bet?

Flop. He cbets flop 87%. My hand could be best, I call.

Turn. K and he checks I check behind.

River. 8 and he bets. Call here? 8 completes only :diamond: draw but I dont think he has it. he could bet some kind of Q after my check. Dont think he would check K on such wet board.
  • 2 replies
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Can I make 3bet here? And only now i noticet that his late positions play is 35/28 so I am IP and my hand is ahed of his range - 3bet?

will he call a 3bet OOP with a worse hand? I like to check their fold to 3bet stat for this.

If they are rarely folding to 3bets then it is more likely that they will call either with a dominated hand or one that will often check.fold the flop, making a 3bet profitable.

If he's folding like 85% of the time then you probably only isolate yourself against a better hand.

Postflop NH IMO,

River - Hands that checked the turn that beat u could include something like 99/QQ/KK/QK/88/ XdXd / TJ

hard to think he bets for value with anything else, so his bet is either a bluff the nuts, which makes ur hand a bluff catcher.

getting like 2.5-1 on river. I'm not sure what I would do here TBH. I feel like a fold since I can only see QJ/QT that we beat.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello daun666,

Preflop: If he is playing like 35/28 then sure you can do the 3bet. :) But keep in mind that it might go just for a bluff-raise since I don't plan to go broke against him that easily with just AQo. So practically calling is fine as well.
      Postflop: I'd still bet the turn for protection from any kind of draws. Exactly to avoid such spots on river I do like betting rather the turn. :) But as played you might even induce him to bluff as he is very aggressive you can consider Calling. But now again is he capable of bluffing the river? Seems like value-bet for me, maybe something like JT/88/backdoor FD or whatsoever.

Best regards.