[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR - AJ, c-bet OK?

• Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Titan No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25/$0.50BB (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

Button ($6.25)
      SB ($69.13)
      BB ($19.65)
      UTG ($35.17)
      UTG+1 ($18.91)
      UTG+2 ($42.00)
      MP1 ($9.50)
      MP2 ($20.50)
      MP3 ($50.00)
      CO ($50.00) (Hero)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:club: , A:spade:
      1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, Button calls $2.50, 1 folds, BB calls $2.00, UTG+2 calls $2.00,

Flop: 4:club: , T:diamond: , T:heart: ( $10,25 )
      BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $5.50...

Is it OK to c-bet here? Betsize OK?
      Since the board is paired and there are no draws at all, I decided to c-bet here.
      Even If I get called by small PP, I still got good 6 outs and position, since the button is shortstacked it doesn't matter that I'm OOP against him.
      If it's OK to c-bet here, would it still be OK if BTN wasn't shortstacked?
  • 11 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Betsize is small. If you bet, make it 7$ at least.
      It doesn´t matter if BU is short or not, that doesn´t mean that you´re behind.
      But against 3 people I found check/fold to be a little better option.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I usually bet more (2/3), but here I decided to bet helf the pot because there are more opponents and I need this c-bet to work only 35% of the time to be profittable, instead of 40.6% if I bet $7.
      And on a flop this dry, whoever folds (or raises) to a $7 bet, also folds (or raises) to $5.50 bet.

I think it does matter if BTN is shortstacked or not.
      Let's suppose he isn't, I bet and he calls, I don't have position on him and I can't get a free card on the turn.
      But since he's shortstacked it doesn't matter if he's got position on me, because if he calls my flop bet he's all-in and I'll see 2 cards without paying more for it.

I usually don't c-bet against 3 players, but the flop is paired, rainbow and has no connectivity at all.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      IMO, c-bet against 3 players is not +EV. There are good chances that some one is ahead.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gungunhana
      There are good chances that some one is ahead.
      I really don't think so.
      UTG+2 limp/called PF, BTN and BB called my raise PF.
      BTN and BB checked to me on the flop.
      I don't think any of them has pretty much of anything here, maybe some speculative hands that didn't hit.
      Against pocketpairs I'm not too much of an underdog, by c-betting I got some FE, and even if UTG+2 or BB calls, I'm probably getting the option for a free river card.
      And since BTN is shortstacked, if he pushes all-in, I have the odds to call, so I'm better off putting him all-in myself.

I'm only way behind against Tx or 44, but I can't assume someone has trips or full house everytime that board shows up. So I believe I may be ahead in this hand, and can even make better hands fold by betting, so why not bet?
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      IMO, c-bet against 3 players is not +EV.
      I agree. It probably is in most cases.
      But look at the flop, the action and my position.
      I see a lot of reasons to bet like I already said in the previous post. And no reason to check/fold this hand.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Faye6891

I'm only way behind against Tx or 44, but I can't assume someone has trips or full house everytime that board shows up. So I believe I may be ahead in this hand, and can even make better hands fold by betting, so why not bet?
      You are also behind against any pp ( UTG+2 limp/call is normally a small pp), AK, AQ, AT, which are hands that probably would call. You only have 6 outs to improve (not considering a possible straight that is very far fetched) and you might be drawing dead if the A comes.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I think against 3 players I would not c-bet, even if the board looks ok.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Faye6891

You are also behind against any pp ( UTG+2 limp/call is normally a small pp), AK, AQ, AT, which are hands that probably would call. You only have 6 outs to improve (not considering a possible straight that is very far fetched) and you might be drawing dead if the A comes.
      I said I'm behind against any PP, but not way behind, and I have some FE against them. AK and AQ are very unlikely, a T is definetely possible but there are already 2 T on the board.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Thorsten77
      I think against 3 players I would not c-bet, even if the board looks ok.
      Hmm... why? Can you convince me? :D :P
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Equilator:
      AJo 9.63% equity
      3 players on 22-JJ;AT+ ~30% equity

It is way too low.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      First, a T is definitely in the calling range of a villain. However, even they have pockets, many players won't fold on this board. Hence, you get a 20$ pot and need to fire a second barrel which is pretty expensive and I'm not sure if they will fold the turn...