CO: $51.50 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 13, 3B: 2, AF: 1.6, Hands: 142
      BTN: $6.85 - VPIP: 38, PFR: 14, 3B: 3, AF: 1.5, Hands: 425
      Hero (SB): $61.75 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 21, 3B: 5, AF: 2.7, Hands: 44313
      BB: $61.15 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 14, 3B: 5, AF: 3.0, Hands: 504
      UTG: $60.00 - VPIP: 14, PFR: 13, 3B: 5, AF: Infinity, Hands: 110
      MP: $58.00 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 11, 3B: 3, AF: Infinity, Hands: 96

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with J :heart: A :spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($3.50) A :diamond: T :heart: 4 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.05, Hero calls $2.05

Turn: ($7.60) T :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $5.00, Hero calls $5

River: ($17.60) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $10.50, Hero folds
  • 6 replies
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Why not fold preflop? Villain seems tight and if he doesn't steal a lot I don't see the point of playing this hand out of position.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I like 3-betting a little more than flatting being on the SB
      Postflop is easy calldown once you called pf with AJ. What kind of flop did you wanted to see if you called AJ- I think this is one of the best and he should have there enough times air or bluff that you can call him down
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      What does 3betting achieve? I am ahead of his raising range and 3betting he will just continue with better hands, therefore I am turning a hand with equity into a bluff.

Although the board is very good for my hand what worse hand is a tight regular going to bet 3 streets. I don't think he bets the river with A8, etc. Considering my image my hand looks very marginal and he could think I have a lot of draws and hands that fold the river.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I agree with not 3betting tbh. But postflop i'm check/calling 3 streets if he barrels a lot. He could be barreling a lot with flopped flush draws and continuing the river when he misses, same with gutshots like KJ, QK, JQ. You're correct in that him barrelling you're only really beating a bluff, but there are an awful lot of semi bluffs in his range that have missed by the river and would continue aggression on the river/
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      What does 3betting achieve? I am ahead of his raising range and 3betting he will just continue with better hands, therefore I am turning a hand with equity into a bluff.

Although the board is very good for my hand what worse hand is a tight regular going to bet 3 streets. I don't think he bets the river with A8, etc. Considering my image my hand looks very marginal and he could think I have a lot of draws and hands that fold the river.
      I really doubt he would fold too often ip if your 3-bet % is very big and always it is not bad idea to build yourself laggy image (especially if you´re on SB)
      AJ is good hand and you should balance out your 3-betting range. meaning not 3-bet only with AK+, TT+; since then he would fold every weaker hand and only continue mostly hands that beat that range
      But if you feel that he would fold everything worse then call is fine (but at that case I´d 3-bet every suited hand from the SB, since that should be +EV consider his fold to 3-bet).
      But if you call why do you play postflop your hand like it is bluff catcher and then fold on the river. Take initiative either leading or c/r or if you think he is barreling then c/c him down. Don´t like line where you call twice and then fold on blank river
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I don't think AJ is a great hand for balancing your 3betting range as you're much more likely to get attached to a hand like TKGK rather than if you balance with A4s and flop an A, where you will never be thinking of trying to get 3 streets of value with just TPNK. I guess what i'm trying to say is the reverse implied odds of AJ are much more likely to lead to a lot of trouble postflop when compared to lower suited Aces, which I think are more suited for balancing your 3betting range along with hands with a lot of implied odds against villain's 3bet calling range such as suited connectors. AJ just gets you into a lot of trouble when you flop TPGK and the opponent has called your 3bet with AQ/AK whilst not getting a lot of value out of Ax hands that you beat (Unless you're against a massive fish).