[NL20-NL50] SH NL50 TPGK facing x/min r on the flop

• gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Hello.
      Shortstack - fish who wants to blew rest of his stack
      another guy unknown, seems fishy.
      First of all I think I should isolate pre flop to be in hu pot with fish so I would not be in such unclear spot.
      As played when another guy x/r me how should I proceed? Maybe it would be best to fold this time an get some reads? I am not sure if pushing is + ev since he is unknown.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (UTG) ($50)
      MP ($50.25)
      Button ($33.90)
      SB ($92.52)
      BB ($8.26)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, J
      Hero bets $2, 2 folds, SB calls $1.75, BB raises $7.26, Hero calls $5.76, SB calls $5.76

Flop: ($23.28) K, 5, 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $12, SB raises $24, Hero raises $30.24 (All-In), SB calls $18.24

Turn: ($107.76) 4 (3 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($107.76) J (3 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $107.76
  • 7 replies
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Both options seem good (shoving pre and just calling). SB will most of the time fold, but when he calls he probably is a weak player and called with a pocket pair to hit a set thinking he has the odds.

When I don't hit the flop I go for cards to hit, that means check, because I lose anyways against BB if I don't hit, whatever SB might hold (so there's no need to bluff him.)

When I hit a K or a J, I don't think SB is ever bluffing - because even if I fold he is all in against BB, so there is no point in putting money in the pot without a good hand.

On this flop, I would play passively and maybe call a small bet, or bet myself a small amount (on the other streets) that has chances of being called by 77 for example.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Not really sure if SB can fold there smt like AJ, so I would also just call and play for stacks if I hit tp
      Postflop is stackoff, since he may also play there for stacks with worse Kx
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      What worst Ks are going to be in that hand after the preflop raise? KTs maybe, but the only other Kx hands that are in that hand are AK and KQ, which have us dominated. Postflop villain could be shoving Ax flush draw, KQ, AK, KTs, KJ, 55 (44?) and maybe A3s. Against that range we have 35% equity.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      What worst Ks are going to be in that hand after the preflop raise? KTs maybe, but the only other Kx hands that are in that hand are AK and KQ, which have us dominated. Postflop villain could be shoving Ax flush draw, KQ, AK, KTs, KJ, 55 (44?) and maybe A3s and A4s. Against that range we have 35% equity.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      What worst Ks are going to be in that hand after the preflop raise? KTs maybe, but the only other Kx hands that are in that hand are AK and KQ, which have us dominated. Postflop villain could be shoving Ax flush draw, KQ, AK, KTs, KJ, 55 (44?) and maybe A3s. Against that range we have 35% equity.
      you have put in 40% of your stack with tp in 3-bet pot and then going to b/f tp on the flop where you know that player might easily get all-in with any draw. How can you make that read unknown guy that seems fishy.

People would often surprise you that spots and I can never make myself b/f tp that spot against unknown
      Pot is just too big for that
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Well no I don't think we can get away from it postflop, but personally I would fold to the 3bet preflop to avoid horrific situations like this when almost all the time you're flipping/dominated.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      Well no I don't think we can get away from it postflop, but personally I would fold to the 3bet preflop to avoid horrific situations like this when almost all the time you're flipping/dominated.
      agree, but if you´re against Shortstack - fish who wants to blew rest of his stack, then you can´t really b/f pf as strong hand as KJs