6max multitabling A-game

• Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      How many SH tables can you play at the same time and still play your best game? And what layout?

For me now, it's 6 tables, tiled.
  • 19 replies
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      1 million my a game sucks though
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      check this out,i got a step-by-step guide for you to answer your question...wait for it...

YOURSELF

STEP 1:play 50k hands with 2 tables - see what your winrate is

STEP 2:play 50k hands with 3 tables - see what your winrate is

ST3P :play 50k hands with 4 tables - see what your winrate iz

STEP 5:play 50k hands with 5 tables - see what your winrate are

STEP 6:play 50k hands with x+1 tables,x being the last step you completed!!!

S7EP :

STEPTACULAR: compare winrates and see which one is the best and then you can pinpoint the number of tables you can play profitably (aka A-game)

Note: The sample size is not set in stone and you can change it as you please,but you cannot go below 50k hands!!!OR...YOU...WILL...DYEyourhairblue!!1!
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      you can pinpoint the number of tables you can play profitably (aka A-game)
      Playing profitable doesn't mean playing A-game, because you can play C/D-game and still win longterm (if your game is good enough).

I'm curious to see if there is anybody here that can play his best at 9 tables or more. For me now 6 tables I control the best, I have plenty of time to think on every decision and also searching and changing for better tables while I play.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      when you play more tables, your game is bound to worsen somewhat, and your long term WR will decrease, however you don't increase the number of table to increase or even maintain your WR but to increase your Hourly rate.

regards

Thazar
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gabinr1
      Playing profitable doesn't mean playing A-game, because you can play C/D-game and still win longterm (if your game is good enough).

I'm curious to see if there is anybody here that can play his best at 9 tables or more. For me now 6 tables I control the best, I have plenty of time to think on every decision and also searching and changing for better tables while I play.
      Even if you are playing A-game at NL50 you can still lose in the longterm,because if it's YOUR A-game that doesn't mean it's the respective limit A-game.Besides,i dont know why you are giving specifications to an ambiguous term.

No one can give you an answer,but yourself.

If you play x tables now,try x+2,if you are feeling comfortable,try x+4.If you are getting overwhelmed,return you your previous number.Like you said,with your current number you can make standard decisions quick and right.If you amp up your number and your decisions start to squeak,go back to your previous number.

These kind of questions rarely get an answer because they are exclusively individual dependent.Hope that helps.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I think mine is 4 and I play my A* game, whilst playing 6 I just play my general A game :)
    • Mopenza
      Mopenza
      Silver
      I am comfortable with 8 tables, but sometimes I try 12, but it dose not go so well, 8 is fine, I can follow all actions easy!
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by furculision

Even if you are playing A-game at NL50 you can still lose in the longterm,because if it's YOUR A-game that doesn't mean it's the respective limit A-game.Besides,i dont know why you are giving specifications to an ambiguous term.

No one can give you an answer,but yourself.

If you play x tables now,try x+2,if you are feeling comfortable,try x+4.If you are getting overwhelmed,return you your previous number.Like you said,with your current number you can make standard decisions quick and right.If you amp up your number and your decisions start to squeak,go back to your previous number.

These kind of questions rarely get an answer because they are exclusively individual dependent.Hope that helps.
      @A-game talk, I get what you mean and I agree, I think you just misunderstood what I was saying.

I didn't ask "what's my number of tables...". I'm just curious (and maybe other are too) to see what is the number of tables other good players can play their best game (like if you play a table at 100% of knowledge, perception and emotional control, how many tables can you add and still maintain this at an avarage.)
    • plebpl
      plebpl
      Bronze
      i usually play 10 in a 2 in each corner and 1 in top and bottem middle
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      I think to play your A+ game you can play from 4-6 tables. Usually i play 9-15 tho depending on how i feel.

Most of the time i play 12 tables tiled. Im pretty sure if i move down to 6 tables my winrate would be higher, but it definitly won't be double that i'd need to have the same hourly.
    • Tunatic
      Tunatic
      Bronze
      I mostly play 3 or 4 tables at a time, and it is extremely easy for me, so I am thinking of moving up soon.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      I play 4-6 SH tables and that is my A game. i can play a more tournament/fr tables and less hu tables
    • MadMaXsilesia
      MadMaXsilesia
      Bronze
      2 tables in turbo mode at NL50.
      Tried more but for LAG player it's a suicide - you need to make a lot of decisions on every opponent in every hand.

Playing TAG is easy and you can to play a lot of tables but it's not rly profitable on such tables if you won't find any fishy player.

If you'll - you need to fight vs TAG's for them.
      That's why IMHO is better to be LAG, and more funny too.

When I played TAG on FL tables - I was playing something like 8 turbo tables.
      That was so BOOOOOOOOORING.
      I was feeling like a bot, not like a poker player :f_biggrin:
    • Suijj
      Suijj
      Bronze
      I am still fairly new to poker, but i can manage my A-game at 4 tables, i am still comfortable with 6, but sometimes i feel like i don't have enough time to make important decisions post flop.
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      4 tables if you really wanna pay attention to everything
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      4 tables is for A++ game, but usually I play 6-10 tables (lower the stakes are more tables I play, since ftp is down I need to grind it back)
    • Darkzzz
      Darkzzz
      Black
      12 tables, 16 is where I sometimes just fold when I actually should be thinking more about the hand.
    • bobbywelsh
      bobbywelsh
      Bronze
      How many SH tables can you play at the same time and still play your best game? And what layout?

For me now, it's 6 tables, tiled.
      I am new to multi-tabling so I have just moved to my second table but play 6 MAX Double Up/ (50/50) so its finished when get down to 3 players.

Is it best to play multi table on Cash Games/ STT SNG/ MTT SNG (30 ish)/ Large MTT's

I find its all OK in the early stages when its pretty standard ABC Poker, TAG mentality, but as it gets towards bubble (in all apart from the 50/50 or double ups) it gets me all flustered and I start making bad decisions when it gets important and end up just short.

Is it better to use full ring when multitabling?

I also use HUD (PK4) a bit pointless for livfe play isnt it for multitabling?

Am I better to tile or stack?

How should I play multitable as a TAG?

So many questions...

Many thanks