Chess players

• stevegold87
      Hi everyone.

I suppose a lot of poker players are interested in chess as well, seeing how strategy is involve in both of them :) .l

I am interested in finding a partner (partners) to play chess often online. I am pretty terrible so far so I am sure 90% of the forum owns me but this is what makes it even more interesting, I am eager (SP?) to improve. I started playing everyday on on my iPhone but I would like to speak strategy with someone or share thoughts. So many possibilities, it's fun!

My chess level is probably around 1000? :P

Anyways add me on skype @ steve.gold87 and we will find a platform to play chess!
  • 1 reply
    • Tomaloc
      I actually started with chess like 5 years ago or something... (I'm 19 now)
      In fact I remember that every time that I saw that many good chess players enjoyed poker, I was like "wtf are these guys into? isn't poker is a game of random cards and incomplete information or something?"
      Then when I turned 18 and something my friends got me to know PS, then I procrastinated a lot but finally got myself to the quiz and... now I understand I guess :f_p:

Anyway I've always played online and as such I don't have any kind of official rating, but I can definitely hold my own against 1700- FIDE (not super strong I know :D )
      As for platform I'd recommend FICS ( as the best one for English speakers, the player base is reasonable and also they automatically record some very interesting and useful statistics at (like not only how you do with White and Black, but also your results with specific openings, your performance against opposition of different levels and such...)