UTG+1: $0.35 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 11, 3B: 0, AF: Infinity, Hands: 27
      Hero (MP1): $3.29 - VPIP: 10, PFR: 7, 3B: 3, AF: 2.2, Hands: 31976
      MP2: $2.00 - VPIP: 9, PFR: 7, 3B: 5, AF: 4.0, Hands: 55
      CO: $1.21 - VPIP: 48, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.1, Hands: 73
      BTN: $2.41 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 13, 3B: 0, AF: 5.0, Hands: 144
      SB: $2.00 - VPIP: 69, PFR: 10, 3B: 6, AF: 3.1, Hands: 48

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is MP1 with A :spade: A :club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.07, 4 folds, BB calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.15) 4 :heart: T :diamond: 3 :club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.11, Hero raises to $0.24, BB calls $0.13

Turn: ($0.63) A :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.63) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.31, Hero raises to $0.68, BB calls $0.37

Villain is an agressive fish, especially on turn and river.

Preflop standard. On the flop i thought to make a minraise in order to keep him in the pot. On the turn, i think the Ace scares him, because he checks, and he never checked on the turn before, si i check behind to induce a river bluff. On the river he plays as expected, i min-raise again to induce a shove from him (River AF = 8). Saddly he just calls. Good play,or bet bet bet FTW?
  • 6 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      prefer raising more on the flop to 0.3$ to get more money in the pot
      Turn I´d prefer betting 0.4$ to get value with nuts and river I´d likely would raise to 1$. I doubt he is going to shove river unless he has there set and he would shove regardless if you min-raise or make it 1$
      Best is generally play for stacks with nuts, so I´d prefer bet/bet/shove line
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Eyewitness,

Flop: The problem with raising the flop is even if he is aggressive opponent you can practically just scare away a lot worse hands. Also of course you may be already against sets which trapping. What's your plan if he goes for a 3bet on flop?

For those given reason I might even play more passively on flop and just Call. While you only have 48 hands on the opponent and I doubt you have that many reads on the opponent.

As played
      Turn: I'd still be it if you went for value-raise on flop. Also there are still couple of hands which may be drawing.

As played
      River: I'd say against that kind of station you can raise it even more with such a strong made hand. There are not many hands which beat you anyways. Don't think that he would ever shove here and such a min-raise wont induce it. Unless he is a huge maniac and even then I don't think that.

Best regards.
    • Eyewitness
      Eyewitness
      Bronze
      Hello veriz.

I won't believe him having a set on the flop because he also plays trash very agressive, so in case of a 3-bet i'd go broke there every day with the aces.

I don't like calling the flop because it happens too often for them to make trips, 2pairs or something better than my hand on the turn or river, so i'd rather protect my hand.

Turn....i gave myself a few seconds of thought there. He had like 1 AF on flop, 9 AF on Turn, and 8 AF on river. As i said i think the Ace scared him so decided to trap him. But probably a bet was better, i must not trust the stats so much, especially when i have so few hands.

On the River, you're definetely right.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      And you are that sure that you trust your 48 hands that surely?:D Doubt that. Rather say the opponent is pretty unknown to you. While you even playing FR. You might have played with only few hands at the best.
    • Eyewitness
      Eyewitness
      Bronze
      That must be a major leak, trusting the stats on such a few hands... :f_confused:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Eyewitness
      That must be a major leak, trusting the stats on such a few hands... :f_confused:
      Definitely! Main leak is practically even trusting 3bets in those cases when you only have like 100 hands and opponent has 15% of 3bet. So often people tend to go broke with hands like AK/JJ.