Skip to forum
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] NL2 FR AKo in 3-bet pot vs 3 opponents

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
234 Views

Realise in hindsight that flatting the 3-bet was a mistake, ought to have been 4-bet or fold, but I was too scared of the number of players to 4-bet and too attached to fold.

Of more interest though is the turn decision. I snap-folded to the min raise but wondered afterwards if that was a mistake. I'm not in that bad shape actually against AQ. But i suppose AQ is best end of his range?

Known players:
[tg]Position_Stack:hands/vp$ip/RaisePreflop/AF/WTS/ORL/BBvsSteal/W$SD;SB$9.8:683/17/12/4.0/17/28/60/50;BB$1.22:201/11/2/1.8/23/0/100/83;Hero$2.09:///////;UTG1$3:205/13/7/2.0/41/15/100/43;UTG2$5.02:479/15/11/4.0/24/21/75/83;MP1$3.89:70/27/17/1.1/36/60/-/50;MP2$2.39:52/52/8/5.5/14/0/100/33;MP3$5:349/15/11/2.5/18/36/100/67;CO$4.95:44/16/2/2.0/14/0/100/0;BU$3.98:123/11/6/2.3/18/43/0/100;[/tg]
0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A♣, K♦
Hero raises to $0.08, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.08, 2 folds, BU calls $0.08, SB raises to $0.24, BB folds, Hero calls $0.16, MP2 calls $0.16, BU calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.98) Q♠, T♥, 6♦ (4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.04, BU calls $0.04, SB calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04.

Turn: ($1.14) 2♠ (4 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.6, MP2 raises to $1.20, 3 folds.

Final Pot: $2.94


2 replies

Consider all the dead money I think it is better to shove pf, but if you don´t want to play for stacks, then call is also fine.
Don´t know why you bet out on the turn. I´d prefer c/c again small bet on MP2


_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Pre-flop I suppose I felt AK was too weak to play for stacks against the 3-bet and potentially a slow-played premium amongst one of the other two players. Monsters in the wardrobe! But then I've never been the biggest fan of AKo.

I think I bet the turn as a semi-bluff, trying to rep an AA or KK that slow-played the flop. But in hindsight it does look a rather ridiculous line when like you say check/calling a second small bet offered a much better prospect of making a hand.

Cheers!


Share: