Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $14.15
      MP1:
      $18.75

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:heart: , A:spade:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, MP1 calls $1.00, 6 folds.

Flop: ($2.75) 8:club: , 7:diamond: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $1, Hero raises to $3.20, MP1 calls $2.20.

Turn: ($9.15) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.8, MP1 calls $5.80.

River: ($20.75) T:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and sevens (Ah As)
      MP1 shows (Ad 8d)

Hero wins with two-pair, aces and sevens (Ah As)
  • 7 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      interesting line on the flop and since you´re going to c/f that often I like c/r for value and then shoving any turn card
      Nh
    • gambleallin
      gambleallin
      Bronze
      cheers, allways seems to be a good idea to let people know (check) is'nt sign of weakness :) . did'nt like the flop to much at first because he had been calling a lot of middle/low pp pairs in them spots as well as 8-9.9-10 type hands, but i think he would of checked behind on the flop with most of them and pot bet the rest?? trap/ prot. so thought my aces was good and small c/r would make him think i had a-10.....a-k. maybe even more so when i shove river? would u agree ty:~)
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I'm not a big fan of C-R this villain - over all of 13 hands thin read - has played 4 and gone to showdown to lose every single time, mostly calling.

It's a gutsy play on low flops vs TAGfish regulars - plenty of them, myself included, would fire at you with 22-JJ - but its also a scary flop. Are you planning to continue if he 3bets your flop raise?

I would just 3 street him. Keep it simple vs calling stations. Guys like this you should spot after only a couple of hands, especially since he already WTS and lost several times.
    • gambleallin
      gambleallin
      Bronze
      hello :) , yeah with it being cap i would'nt of folded to a shove, i could only lose just over $5 more so was not to worried about that. not to say i would of been happy about it tho!! he could jam a lot of loose straight draws there to prob? thanks for ur info :s_biggrin:
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Oh wow, it was $10 cap?

Then yeah, you arn't ever folding aces on any board :)

I would imagine that proper application of SSS on a 20BB cap table would be amazingly profitable, even though everyone is a SS. I could see fish basically gifting their money away in safe little parcels....
    • gambleallin
      gambleallin
      Bronze
      yeah 10 cap :) . and it can be... apart from all the LUCKY fish that allways find a way drawing out with junk lol. but yeah i do ok on it and it means i only need $250 roll to play 25/50. soon to be 50/1.00 :D ! $20 cap.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gambleallin
      cheers, allways seems to be a good idea to let people know (check) is'nt sign of weakness :) . did'nt like the flop to much at first because he had been calling a lot of middle/low pp pairs in them spots as well as 8-9.9-10 type hands, but i think he would of checked behind on the flop with most of them and pot bet the rest?? trap/ prot. so thought my aces was good and small c/r would make him think i had a-10.....a-k. maybe even more so when i shove river? would u agree ty:~)
      did'nt like the flop to much at first because he had been calling a lot of middle/low pp pairs in them spots as well as 8-9.9-10 type hands, but i think he would of checked behind on the flop with most of them and pot bet the rest??
      - don´t see why he should check back overpair that flop, so I think he would mostly bet these hands

rap/ prot. so thought my aces was good and small c/r would make him think i had a-10.....a-k. maybe even more so when i shove river?
      - don´t understand, but if you want to c/r turn if flop goes c/c, then river shove is fine. You would get called down by worse hands