This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] aces 25/50 f/r

• gambleallin
      gambleallin
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $14.15
      MP1:
      $18.75

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:heart: , A:spade:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, MP1 calls $1.00, 6 folds.

Flop: ($2.75) 8:club: , 7:diamond: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $1, Hero raises to $3.20, MP1 calls $2.20.

Turn: ($9.15) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.8, MP1 calls $5.80.

River: ($20.75) T:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and sevens (Ah As)
      MP1 shows (Ad 8d)

Hero wins with two-pair, aces and sevens (Ah As)
  • 7 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      interesting line on the flop and since you´re going to c/f that often I like c/r for value and then shoving any turn card
      Nh
    • gambleallin
      gambleallin
      Bronze
      cheers, allways seems to be a good idea to let people know (check) is'nt sign of weakness :) . did'nt like the flop to much at first because he had been calling a lot of middle/low pp pairs in them spots as well as 8-9.9-10 type hands, but i think he would of checked behind on the flop with most of them and pot bet the rest?? trap/ prot. so thought my aces was good and small c/r would make him think i had a-10.....a-k. maybe even more so when i shove river? would u agree ty:~)
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I'm not a big fan of C-R this villain - over all of 13 hands thin read - has played 4 and gone to showdown to lose every single time, mostly calling.

It's a gutsy play on low flops vs TAGfish regulars - plenty of them, myself included, would fire at you with 22-JJ - but its also a scary flop. Are you planning to continue if he 3bets your flop raise?

I would just 3 street him. Keep it simple vs calling stations. Guys like this you should spot after only a couple of hands, especially since he already WTS and lost several times.
    • gambleallin
      gambleallin
      Bronze
      hello :) , yeah with it being cap i would'nt of folded to a shove, i could only lose just over $5 more so was not to worried about that. not to say i would of been happy about it tho!! he could jam a lot of loose straight draws there to prob? thanks for ur info :s_biggrin:
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Oh wow, it was $10 cap?

Then yeah, you arn't ever folding aces on any board :)

I would imagine that proper application of SSS on a 20BB cap table would be amazingly profitable, even though everyone is a SS. I could see fish basically gifting their money away in safe little parcels....
    • gambleallin
      gambleallin
      Bronze
      yeah 10 cap :) . and it can be... apart from all the LUCKY fish that allways find a way drawing out with junk lol. but yeah i do ok on it and it means i only need $250 roll to play 25/50. soon to be 50/1.00 :D ! $20 cap.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gambleallin
      cheers, allways seems to be a good idea to let people know (check) is'nt sign of weakness :) . did'nt like the flop to much at first because he had been calling a lot of middle/low pp pairs in them spots as well as 8-9.9-10 type hands, but i think he would of checked behind on the flop with most of them and pot bet the rest?? trap/ prot. so thought my aces was good and small c/r would make him think i had a-10.....a-k. maybe even more so when i shove river? would u agree ty:~)
      did'nt like the flop to much at first because he had been calling a lot of middle/low pp pairs in them spots as well as 8-9.9-10 type hands, but i think he would of checked behind on the flop with most of them and pot bet the rest??
      - don´t see why he should check back overpair that flop, so I think he would mostly bet these hands

rap/ prot. so thought my aces was good and small c/r would make him think i had a-10.....a-k. maybe even more so when i shove river?
      - don´t understand, but if you want to c/r turn if flop goes c/c, then river shove is fine. You would get called down by worse hands