• 8 replies
    • sw0ldo
      sw0ldo
      Bronze
      You realy shouldnt be telling people to play suited connectors and low suited aces tbh.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Why?
    • sw0ldo
      sw0ldo
      Bronze
      It realy isn't optimal and isn't good practise IMO

I don't know any SNG players who play SC's and suited aces in the early stages .
    • Lemonize
      Lemonize
      Bronze
      So you would fold SC or suited aces in late position after several limpers on a passive table?

Its not like the articles advocate playing them all the time, or in any position, or any table. Its more or less saying "you can play them when you are getting the odds and when you can safely assume not to be raised pre-flop" and you shouldnt overplay them on the flop.

I think anyone that considers folding suited connectors after 2-3+ limpers on the button or cuttoff is missing out on possibly very lucrative situations. Of course anyone that plays 12-30 tables at the same time won't play SC or suited aces because they dont have the ability to focus on individual tables but for players who are playing only 2-4 tables I dont see why one should fold in this kind of situation.
    • Ingeras
      Ingeras
      Bronze
      I think the strategy is designed for micro buy-in SNGs where usually there are many multi-way pots. That usually means an OK for playing suited connectors and Axs for the chance of a double-up. Am I right?
    • sw0ldo
      sw0ldo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lemonize
      So you would fold SC or suited aces in late position after several limpers on a passive table?
      Yes.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ingeras
      I think the strategy is designed for micro buy-in SNGs where usually there are many multi-way pots. That usually means an OK for playing suited connectors and Axs for the chance of a double-up. Am I right?
      Yes, they explain the basics of SnG play which most of our players will probably practice in micro and low buy-in Sngs. Here it is very easy to double up against people who overplay top pairs or who decide to limp AA/KK and then go broke against straights or flushes.

Aside from this I would next to never fold a suited connector (and to a certain degree suited aces) in late position if it costs me just a marginal part of my chipstack and I know the blinds will not be raising the pot. The implied odds are simply too good - especially since I am in position. Anyone who folds in that position is giving away value and missing out on easy spots to double up early.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      maybe copy paste the "you need sufficient postflop skills" part over and over again. :)

that and never play SC or suited aces from EP. yuck!