This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 2nl, fr, QQ

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $5.11
      Hero:
      $2.34
      BU:
      $1.43

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      Hero raises to $0.08, 4 folds, BU raises to $0.14, SB folds, BB calls $0.12, Hero raises to $0.40, BU folds, BB calls $0.26.

Flop: ($0.95) A:heart: , K:diamond: , T:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.95) 2:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.95) 4:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0.95

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Qd Qc)
      BB shows (7h 7d)

Hero wins with a pair of queens (Qd Qc)

this took me a while to fish out but i was specifically looking for this because QQ and AK are the two hands i get really stuck with preflop. i do not know what to do when faced with a 3bet if i'm OOP or a 4 bet if im IP... i know calling someone's raise is weak but reraising with these hands might be overplaying it... im just not sure so your insight will be much appreciated :D
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Myself I am not a huge fan of 4betting here actually. BTN with his PFR might easily even trap you with bigger PPs. Therefore I might even prefer just Calling and playing postflop.

But as played nothing much to add, I don't think that we getting much value there anyways. But rather the value comes from Checking and taking a look into his hand and take a note. :)

Best regards.