29 - 0 0
      SB: $3.02
      3.0 100 33 21
      Hero: $5
      24 - 33 24
      BU: $5.11
      - 0 100 21

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q :club: , 9 :club:
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.18, Hero calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.60) J :club: , 8 :club: , 6 :diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BU bets $0.34, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.15, BU raises to $4.91 (All-In), Hero calls $3.65 (All-In), BU gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Turn: ($10.20) Q
      River: ($10.20) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.20

I like the flop c/r as he has a wide range from the btn even if he checks back with a deecent amount of it, folding out Khigh, Ahigh is good as well as randon Jx (would they fold) 8x 6x, all in his but range. Regardless we have a lot of equity with FD+GS+Overcard.

When he shoves at the time I felt committed I figured we need ~33% and our ~12 outer will come in often enough to show a profit. After a little calculation I find we need 35% equity to call and against a range of 66, 88, JJ, AA, KK, AcJc, J8 we have 40% which indicates a call. removing AA KK which are debateable we still have 37% however if J8 is removed it falls to 32.5%. I think the call is okay in general but what sort of range do you give villain here?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello CheckBop,

Preflop: Actually I am not a big fan of calling with such a hand. We can't really play back postflop while as you saw we will be pretty much committed. I'd either squeeze it or just fold the hand. Those gappers ain't the greatest to play OOP.

As played
      Postflop: I'd most likely rather just donk it and most likely have almost the same fold equity than just Check/Raise it. But of course as you Check/Raise it then there is no option we can get it away. That's your plan with the Check/Raise and get it in. Our overall equity should be enough after the raise we did.

Best regards.