winning the the 8k 2 dollar on party poker for 2300

• lotsoflove
      lotsoflove
      Bronze
      Yeah hey everyone this is my first post on here,good luck to all members of the pokerstrategy team.With the 50 dollar starting capital i entered a 8k 2 dollar turbo rebuy yesterday in party poker and worked my way through a field of over 1100 ppl to take down the 2300 first prize.I entered the final table with a stack of about 1.6 million chips and i was in about 7th place with the blinds stuck at 75k/150k,after i laid back and never really played any hands out of position and raised my good hands when in position.When there was 5 people left i still had about 1.2 million chips left and i dropped down to about 800,000 when the table got down to 4(the chipleader had about 15 million at this point)and i was big blind with a pair of 10's the small blind put me all in and i decided to call so they held up and was up to 1.6 million again.The forth place person was ousted when i had 1.6 m and i was saying to myself well third here would be nice for 799 dollars and i was bigblind again with pkt 55 and decided to go for it with no raises ahead of me the big stack called with k 10 off and never improved.So now i was sitting with 3.8 million 2nd had about 8 million and first had about 13 m when the big blind hit me again i had q3 off and the small blind doubled the blind and i called feeling like i had to when the flop came qq8 and he was first to act.He made a continuation bet of 300k and i smooth called him thinking he had few outs so the turn comes ace and he pauses for a bit and goes 1.3 million now i think it's time to pull the plug here hoping he hit the ace i reraise all in with a quick call and he calls showing an ace so i move up to 8 m.The big stack ends up putting the other guy out so now i'm up into a 1300 payday,with a few pots going back and forth he sits with 18 m me with 9 mill and he raises my bigblind 600,000 now i'm sitting on aa so i thinks about reraising him here all in but decides to smooth call him and let him bet at it after the flop,flop comes k 6 3 rainbow and has i thought he bets out with 3.6 million i push he calls with kq and doesn't improve and now i'm chipleader with 16 million.I wakes up 2 hands later with kk he raises 3 million i push he folds and 2 hands later i have qq he raises 3 million again so i push once more with him hitting is a9 on the flop.The final hand was next with my lead down to about 1 million when i looks down at j3 he again makes the minimum raise and i call the flop comes j49 he leads out with a 1.5 mill bet and i call not feeling to proud of my kicker the turn comes 3 and he leads out with a 4 million dollar bet i decide to call and it was lights out.Thanks to all contributors in the forum i have improved greatly from all your good advice.p.s. i just got put out of the same tourney today in28th with a 57 dollar pay out lol i wanted to win again .
  • 10 replies
    • Lemonize
      Lemonize
      Bronze
      Congrats on your victory - and good luck for future tournaments :)

Just always remember to play tournaments in relation to your bankroll size and not to get carried away :D
    • lotsoflove
      lotsoflove
      Bronze
      Yeah you are totally right with playing within your bankroll i had mine up to about 150 before i started the tourney and told myself i would only spend 10 bucks is that to much for a 150 dollar bankroll?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Congratz. :)
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lotsoflove
      Yeah you are totally right with playing within your bankroll i had mine up to about 150 before i started the tourney and told myself i would only spend 10 bucks is that to much for a 150 dollar bankroll?
      Yes, you should only spend 1/100th of your bankroll in tournaments.
      However, if you, like many others, just play a tournament every now and again as an intermediary, it's not that important. I think most cash game players here played at least one MTT outside BRM for the fun of it.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lotsoflove
      Hi lotsoflove,

Just as SonicXT said - you should try to have around 100 Buy-ins of the Tournament as your Bankroll to be on the safe side. This may sound like a lot - but due to the high variance of large tournaments and the rarity (even for good players) to get deep into the money it is necessary to be on the safe side. Similarly I would advise you a very conservative BRM if you decide to try your luck with Cashgame. Dont play higher limits than you have done in the past simply because you now have the money to do so. You should beat the limits one after the other and move up as your play improves. Without programs such as Pokertracker and PokerAce and good knowledge of them you wouldnt want to be playing NL50+ anyway.

So yes - enjoy your winnings - but don't start to gamble above your level. Take your time in evolving your play and read books and articles, perhaps visit some of the coachings in the areas that you would like to improve on. You now have a Bankroll that grants you a lot of potential for growth - make the best of it :)

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • Sicilianpimp
      Sicilianpimp
      Bronze
      great job cheif im proud of ya :)
    • debelinko
      debelinko
      Bronze
      Sorry OP, but i am unable to read your post. My eyes hurt...

[ ] paragraphs
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      wow congrats! o my bankroll is $50 on stars so i should play $0.50 buy in. ouch :evil:
    • Pacer357
      Pacer357
      Bronze
      A $50 roll is to small to play MTT's exclusively with, start by playing FL, NL or SNG's. If you really like tournaments start playing SNG's, they are really good practise to get a good foundation to tournament strategy.
      Sorry Soy for stepping on your territory again :D
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      My advise is to cash out 2000$ and enjoy it.
      With the rest grind up through the limits cautiously..
      I don't think you are a mature enough player to handle 2500$ bankroll, and I really hope you do not hit the higher stakes tables :) It's not that I have the intention to offend, it's just a piece of advise, because I have read many times about people going broke after cashing a nice sum in a tournament - because they think they are masters of the game.

If you're not able to cash out due to some party poker points restrictions, just keep playing low and improve step by step :)

GL!