Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $5.43
      Hero:
      $11.9

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , Q:club:
      MP2 raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.15, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.37) A:heart: , T:heart: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.2, Hero calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.77) 2:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.46, MP2 calls $0.46.

River: ($1.69) 2:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1.05, MP2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.69

On the flop I call as a float, I plan to bet/raise every heart turn, and bet any blanks if he checks too me. FD obv gives me some equity which is nice.

When he check/calls the flop he is pretty weak and at the time I sort of put him on a low ace, although now he looks pretty tight so is a 20/19 player capable of opening A2s-A8s from utg preflop?

Regardless I think I'm giving up until the heart rivers and I sense he opportunity to represent the flush.

Good spot to pound on his weakness or spewy?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello CheckBop,

Preflop: Guess I wouldn't even Call it here unless I expect the opponent being very fishy and we can easily get paid if we do hit big. Of course it's possible to play but your KQ hand will way too often dominate by better kicker.

As played
      Postflop: Most likely he would 2nd barrel there if he had Ax hand. Since from MP2 he often times has a rather stronger range which says as well strong Ax hand. Therefore I guess your line is doable.

Best regards.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello CheckBop,

Preflop: Guess I wouldn't even Call it here unless I expect the opponent being very fishy and we can easily get paid if we do hit big. Of course it's possible to play but your KQ hand will way too often dominate by better kicker.

As played
      Postflop: Most likely he would 2nd barrel there if he had Ax hand. Since from MP2 he often times has a rather stronger range which says as well strong Ax hand. Therefore I guess your line is doable.

Best regards.
      What about raising the flop to $0.6? It's slightly cheaper and we make Tx fold directly. We represent an Ax protecting from FD that way. One problem is that he may call if he has a FD, or even shove.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      What about raising the flop to $0.6? It's slightly cheaper and we make Tx fold directly. We represent an Ax protecting from FD that way. One problem is that he may call if he has a FD, or even shove.

Well there are several reasons actually why I wouldn't raise. Since I expect very often the opponent to give up on turn if he doesn't have the Ax. Which means on such a board if he is giving it up on turn then most likely ain't a Ax hand. Why? Because if he had Ax hand then he would definitely 2nd barrel it and protect his hand.

But of course your given reason are fine as well, if we consider him going to Call you loose on later streets then it might be better line. But as we right now take the opponent rather not that loose and reasonable player then floating is fine as well.
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      How is it cheaper? When I float and bet when he checks I only bet $0.46, which would be alot less than a feasible flop raise.

Also, it doesn't represent and Ace so well as why would I raise an ace on this flop vs MP2 opener? Even if I have AK which isn't in my cc range I would prefer to flat and let him value own himself with his AQ, AJ.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CheckBop
      How is it cheaper? When I float and bet when he checks I only bet $0.46, which would be alot less than a feasible flop raise.

Also, it doesn't represent and Ace so well as why would I raise an ace on this flop vs MP2 opener? Even if I have AK which isn't in my cc range I would prefer to flat and let him value own himself with his AQ, AJ.
      You also have to call $0.20 on the flop to float.

And it represents well an Ax, many TAGs play TPs like that, and there's a FD and 98 SD on the board.