no money recieved, does this site have security

• cufcoakie
      cufcoakie
      Basic
      i have passed the quiz but have no recieved the $50 bonus, which i knew was too good to be true and there was a catch.

It seems i have been "randomly" chosen to provide ID. I wonder if this happens to every single person so they have your details...

After looking around there is no security padlocks to show the site is safe and if i did provide ID what would the users do with this? God knows who could use it.

I understand that people may abuse the system, i have not and have just found this site. Another solution is to track IP addresses such as what the poker rooms do so you cannot create another account.

Meanwhile the ones who do not give out our info give the rake to pokerstrategy. Im interested to see 1) how many people have had "random" checks done and 2) an invite to the moderators to see how they hold the information and 3) when i will get the $50 bonus so i can create rake for pokerstartegy
  • 6 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi cufcoakie,

The random ID checks are in fact "random" and are necessary to continue offering our $50 starting capital - since without them we would open ourselves up to large scale abuse. The information you send is treated with utmost confidentiality and we do not use your ID information for any other purpose than to prevent abuse.

Simply using IP addresses is not a solution as IP addresses are easily changed and people living in the same apartmentblock or student home might all use the same IP address.

After having received the ID information it usually takes somewhere between 48-96 hours for the money to get to your account.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • cufcoakie
      cufcoakie
      Basic
      thanks for the reply, but this does still no answer my question; what happens to the ID information you are sent? are they on a secure computer system or just some guy look at it on his home computer?

you say its to protect you from abuse, what about us? there is nothing to show you are secure, you do not have a widley known brand name which can be trusted and so far there is nowhere on your site that says i should trust you. For example pokerstars hold thier information with a secure bank and has accreidtations from other bodies, what do you have that says your site is trustworthy?
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hi cufcoakie,

As already mentioned by SoyCD, ID-checks are necessary to protect our system against abuse attempts. We assure you that all information sent to us will be kept in confidence and not forwarded to any third party. If you're unwilling to send your ID, it's fine. But we cannot give you any money.

Best regards,
      -thunderbird56-
    • cufcoakie
      cufcoakie
      Basic
      see, once again you avoid the question

WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THE INFORMATION?

held in confidence, well if i leave my laptop in my car on behalf of someone else i am holding it in confidence for them, but if its stolen then its in the wrong hands.

I hope others see how you are avoiding the questions posed here, you are not as secure site
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Your data is stored on a secured system, and only authorized personnel can check on it.

Best regards,
      -thunderbird56-
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cufcoakie
      thanks for the reply, but this does still no answer my question; what happens to the ID information you are sent? are they on a secure computer system or just some guy look at it on his home computer?

you say its to protect you from abuse, what about us? there is nothing to show you are secure, you do not have a widley known brand name which can be trusted and so far there is nowhere on your site that says i should trust you. For example pokerstars hold thier information with a secure bank and has accreidtations from other bodies, what do you have that says your site is trustworthy?
      Hello cufcoakie,

Of course your information is saved on a secure computer system, and no our support staff does not process your information "from a home computer". We have a long history of providing excellent service and guarantee the confidental treatment of our client information - our extremly large userbase of satisfied players is a testament to this.

If you have doubts in our sincerity I can only invite you to explore our site in order to convince yourself of the opposite.

Best regards,
      SoyCD