SSS - Optimal amount of money

Bronze
      Is there an optimal amount of money you can have at the table while playing SSS? I know it's between 15 and 25 BB, but I want to know if any of you have some personal favourites.

Yesterday I moved some of my bankroll to ongame's PokerRoom (for 2+2 bonus purpose) and found that you can buy in there with only 10 BB's. I'm wondering if buying in with 15 or any other value (lower than 20) can be +EV while playing SSS.
  • 3 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi 098799,

Playing with less than 20 BB can also be profitable but requires a radical adjustment of the playing strategy. The ultra-shortstacked strategy relies on chuckov rankings and pushing a large variety of hands first-in against the blinds.
    • igel2006
      igel2006
      Bronze
      I think, the guy's name is Chubukov. :-)

I really like playing with 10-13BB in MIddle/Late/Blinds, because there might be a lot of Dead Money (in relation to your Stack). You also don't worry about 'position', because an all in will negate it.

I do not LIKE pushing in UTG, because there are just the blinds and to much players behind me. Therefore, I will rebuy up to 20 BB when UTG is coming to me. ;)
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by igel2006
      I think, the guy's name is Chubukov. :-)

I really like playing with 10-13BB in MIddle/Late/Blinds, because there might be a lot of Dead Money (in relation to your Stack). You also don't worry about 'position', because an all in will negate it.

I do not LIKE pushing in UTG, because there are just the blinds and to much players behind me. Therefore, I will rebuy up to 20 BB when UTG is coming to me. ;)
      I do similar...