This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SSS - Optimal amount of money

Bronze
      Is there an optimal amount of money you can have at the table while playing SSS? I know it's between 15 and 25 BB, but I want to know if any of you have some personal favourites.

Yesterday I moved some of my bankroll to ongame's PokerRoom (for 2+2 bonus purpose) and found that you can buy in there with only 10 BB's. I'm wondering if buying in with 15 or any other value (lower than 20) can be +EV while playing SSS.
  • 3 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi 098799,

Playing with less than 20 BB can also be profitable but requires a radical adjustment of the playing strategy. The ultra-shortstacked strategy relies on chuckov rankings and pushing a large variety of hands first-in against the blinds.
    • igel2006
      igel2006
      Bronze
      I think, the guy's name is Chubukov. :-)

I really like playing with 10-13BB in MIddle/Late/Blinds, because there might be a lot of Dead Money (in relation to your Stack). You also don't worry about 'position', because an all in will negate it.

I do not LIKE pushing in UTG, because there are just the blinds and to much players behind me. Therefore, I will rebuy up to 20 BB when UTG is coming to me. ;)
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by igel2006
      I think, the guy's name is Chubukov. :-)

I really like playing with 10-13BB in MIddle/Late/Blinds, because there might be a lot of Dead Money (in relation to your Stack). You also don't worry about 'position', because an all in will negate it.

I do not LIKE pushing in UTG, because there are just the blinds and to much players behind me. Therefore, I will rebuy up to 20 BB when UTG is coming to me. ;)
      I do similar...