Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $5
      Hero:
      $3,84

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0,14, Hero raises to $0,42, 2 folds, CO calls $0,28.

Flop: ($0,90) A:heart: , 6:spade: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0,6, CO raises to $1,28, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2,78

I think the c-bet is a standard move here, but I'm uncertain about the betting size. Now I think a 1/2-potsize bet would be sufficient, because if he missed the flop he will fold anyway and if he hit it, he will reraise, but I’m saving money.
      Additionally I'm wondering if c-bet/fold is correct or too weak.
  • 1 reply
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I'd say if you're c-betting here your sizing is fine, and folding to a raise is perfectly okay as well, he's not raising here with anything you beat.

However, i'll propose another line for you. When you're betting what are you betting for? Let's think: Is it for value? No because we can't expect any worse hands than Ax to call (Maybe a flush draw). Is it a bluff? No, what worse hands will fold, someone won't call a 3bet preflop with Ax and then fold when they flop TP.

So, when we bet, we are either value betting ourselves when they call or we're bluffing with the best hand when they fold. Sure we can bet to pick up the dead money in the pot but I think a more profitable move is to check/call the flop. We can then re-evaluate on the turn, if he fires a value-looking bet out there we can probably just fold, having wasted no more than if we cbet and folded to a raise, if he checks back we can check to him again on the river and let him bet again with hands like TT/JJ/QQ, or they can check back the river, which is no big disaster as in all likelihood they would have folded to a bet from you.