[NL2-NL10] NL 4 SH: Set vs. Flush(draw)

• Meras18
      Known players:

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6:heart: , 6:club:
      MP3 calls $0,04, CO folds, Hero raises to $0,20, SB calls $0,18, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0,48) J:spade: , 7:spade: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,35, SB raises to $0,76, Hero raises to $2,10, SB raises to $4,98 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $7,56

I'm wondering if I overplayed the set. Villain played fishy and loose and I didn't believe him the Flush. He could also have a weak Flushdraw, OESD or seldom bluff. I saw no reason in calling the raise, because I would had to ask me the same questions on the Turn and there would be many cards I don't want to see on the Turn (any :spade: , 3, 5,8 or 10). So I decided to bet again and fold on the push.
  • 2 replies
    • minibiff
      You have to call the all in...
      You still have outs to full house.

He could easily play this with like A :spade: Jx :)

Never 4bet with no intentions to call a shove, atleast not on Nl4.
    • veriz
      Hello Meras18,

Well, I don't really understand. Why do you even 4bet if you don't plan to Call his shove? There is no way we can do that in long run profitable in any way. We gonna loose massive amount of money with such a play. If you are 4betting then get it in.

But overall most likely I'd do that. I am getting it in. He may go broke with a lot worse. Also even if he has flush then we still have outs for FH.

Best regards.