[NL2-NL10] NL(0.03/0.05)...can't believe i'm so stupid : (

• delanonunes
      delanonunes
      Gold
      Once again, i made terrible mistakes from start of hand...i knew villain had AJ and yet i still called like an idiot...actually, i did even worse, i shoved an lost my whole stack....why oh why am i so stupid?????please help me lol.... : )

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $1.47
      MP2:
      $4.97
      Hero:
      $4.81
      BU:
      $4.68

0.03/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:spade: , J:spade:
      3 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, MP2 calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.05, CO folds, BU calls $0.05, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.28) K:heart: , Q:diamond: , T:heart: (5 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28, 3 folds.

Turn: ($0.84) 2:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.47, Hero calls $0.47.

River: ($1.78) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1.78, Hero raises to $4.01 (All-In), MP2 calls $2.23.

Final Pot: $9.80

This was exactly the kind of mistake i spoke about in lesson 1, i knew from his final bet he had the AJ to complete the better end of str8 and yet i call like a donk......aaaaarrrgggghhhhhhhh!!! should have folded to first bet i think....my gut told me he flopped the str8.....why dont i listen to my own instincts??
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello delanonunes,

Preflop: You could easily even isolate here if you want to play the hand. :)

As played
      Postflop: I'd rather lay it down on turn. We could already be against flushes or even stronger hands. But as played the river is that we don't beat much, he is never betting pot size with just 2pairs/sets but rather at least has Jx or even strong, a lot of flushes are also in his range. I'd just fold it on river.

Well, for beginners those kind of call-downs are pretty standard. You just have to start avoid them by forcing making yourself to fold in those spots. For example posting those hands and then get reviewed by others will definitely help you out with it. After you get negative feedback you will start to avoid it next time.

Best regards.