[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH AKs

• wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      vs 13/11/5.0 (50 hands)
      i was reesolating the limper preflop who was huge fish (vpip:76%). I ussually don't 3bet so tight guys with AK/QQ.
      What about cbet on flop/turn?
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($10)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($5.22)
      CO ($13.60)
      BTN ($2.93)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: A:diamond:

UTG calls $0.10, CO raises to $0.40, fold, Hero raises to $1.20, fold, fold, CO calls $0.80

FLOP ($2.60) Q:diamond: 8:club: 3:spade:

Hero bets $1.80, CO calls $1.80

TURN ($6.20) Q:diamond: 8:club: 3:spade: 2:diamond:

Hero bets $4, CO raises to $8, Hero calls $3 (AI)

RIVER ($20.20) Q:diamond: 8:club: 3:spade: 2:diamond: 8:diamond:

Hero shows K:diamond: A:diamond:
      (Pre 71%, Flop 18.5%, Turn 27.3%)

CO shows K:heart: Q:heart:
      (Pre 29%, Flop 81.5%, Turn 72.7%)

Hero wins $18.86
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wnbMG,

Actually I am not a huge fan of 2nd barreling the turn. Because the CO range is towards a strong hand as you said yourself he is rather nitty player. I doubt that he is going to fold any hands which called on flop.

But of course as you do 2nd barrel there is not much to do with your hand. Don't think that we can fold for the given odds.

Best regards.
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello wnbMG,

Actually I am not a huge fan of 2nd barreling the turn. Because the CO range is towards a strong hand as you said yourself he is rather nitty player. I doubt that he is going to fold any hands which called on flop.

But of course as you do 2nd barrel there is not much to do with your hand. Don't think that we can fold for the given odds.

Best regards.
      I think that he maye fold TT,JJ,JQ on a second barell. And I ussually have at least 12 outs... not enough (fold) equity to continue the aggresion? What if I was in the position and he checked twice to me, also check back?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I think that he maye fold TT,JJ,JQ on a second barell. And I ussually have at least 12 outs... not enough (fold) equity to continue the aggresion?

QJ? Why do you think such a nit Calls even 3bets with QJ? Doubt that you will see such a hand very often. And even if you see it then he is never folding a TP here. Then you could add also KQ/AQ into his folding range. Also you can't be sure that you have 12 outs, while any K or Ace could improve his range as well or you could be already against strong overpair which practically was trapping you.

What if I was in the position and he checked twice to me, also check back?

Obviously we are Checking back. Why should we bet there? We ain't making a better hand to fold anyways and if he gives us a free card then just take it.