+++ New 888Poker client+++

• 16 replies
    • Fastjack09
      Fastjack09
      Gold
      hello
      u need to add its not tested/working on
      winXP with ie6 (client crashing on camera tables)
      (PS:some ppl not using microsoft horrible browsers so no point in upgrading)

this
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Sorry about my ignorance but what really that means in details?

Is it the same of the software we go already?

Is it the live came tables that are running on from a while by now?

TY :)
    • tofu22
      tofu22
      Bronze
      noooooooooooo, nnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooo, nooooooooooooooooo! i like the old software just fine. :( :( :f_cry:
    • tofu22
      tofu22
      Bronze
      oh sorry it's the same. :D ... so then what's new?
    • Tomassio123
      Tomassio123
      Bronze
      Hi Fastjack09,

Thanks for this already, We will forward this to 888poker.

With regards to what is new, just check out the "Lounge" tab, there you have the option to create private video cam cash games and freerolls.

It basically supports the social aspect of poker, now you can have private poker tournaments with your friends all around the world.
    • pdrmachado
      pdrmachado
      Bronze
      They really need a "wait for big blind" button by default. And also include something like "Sit-out at next big blind".
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pdrmachado
      They really need a "wait for big blind" button by default. And also include something like "Sit-out at next big blind".
      Why don't you just "untick" the "auto post big blind"? Then next time you're the BB it will ask you to post it and you either edit: DON'T post it or time out.

What they really, really, really need to do is STOP tables popping up when blinds are posted. Multitabling with a large number of tables is basically impossible because you don't even have time to type a betsize on the box while all other tables are popping up everywhere (and the cursor is dragged to that table that popped up).

The apex would be "table in focus stays in focus until action is complete", but I do realize that considering 888's software that's just a far away dream.

edit: but of course their bad software for grinders while focusing 100% on casual player experience has its advantaged and we know it... can't be a win win.
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi luizsilveira,

I'm glad somebody else finds the lack of a decent table queing system frustrating. I find I am limited to only 4 tables at a time on 888 now when 18 months ago I was playing 8+. They had it sorted in the earlier version of the software, now it is just silly. They must be losing out on so much rake because of something so basic.

I also just untick the post bb button when I want to leave a table at the end of an orbit. It works fine for me.

Cheers

Fagin
    • 888hs
      888hs
      Bronze
      I am from 888 and will be happy to refer to the feedback and questions regarding this new client.

This is a new client version that we are gradually rolling out with our new "Private Games (Lounge Games)". Check it out - players can define their own tournaments/cash games and invite their friends to play with them in private (password protected). This is a new and fun experience especially as we are adding webcams to the mix - so this is much more than plain poker - the webcams (not mandatory to have one in order to play in a private game) add a completely new dimension to the game as players interact with each other as if they are playing face to face - all in the most friendliest environment.

Once again, this is NOT our regular pokercam tables that are open to anyone. These are YOUR private poker games with YOUR friends with (or without) webcams. Pure fun!

Worth trying!

We want you guys to try our new Private Games so we will run an introduction - $200 FREEROLL tournament on THU 20:15PM (18:15GMT). In order to join (available only via the new client) just click the Lounges tab and type the tournament name “PokerStrategy” and the password is “888lounge” .

More feedback will be highly appreciated. I will check this thread periodically in the next few days until we conclude the test and start offering this client to all 888 members.

Fastjack09 - we are checking your specific configuration and we may need your cooperation for a deeper technical investigation since we do not manage to replicate this problem in our lab.

Many thanks in advance for everyone's feedback and cooperation!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Hili,

Welcome to our community and thank you for giving us the opportunity to test the new 888poker client version.

You'll see, our members are honest but also friendly when it comes to giving feedback.

definitely playing the freeroll! :)

Good luck all!
      Ingrid
    • darkod80
      darkod80
      Global
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 888hs
      Fastjack09 - we are checking your specific configuration and we may need your cooperation for a deeper technical investigation since we do not manage to replicate this problem in our lab.
      Hey there Fastjack09,

I have sent you an email with further instructions from 888Poker, could you please check and reply :)

Ingrid
    • darkod80
      darkod80
      Global
      c'mon guys, it's $200 for grabs, am I the only one that wants to play,let's register and see who is the best :s_biggrin:
    • kozzmic
      kozzmic
      Silver
      Is that's all thats new in the next update? Nice feature, but not for me. Update automaticly?
    • matovicmilos
      matovicmilos
      Bronze
      Hi luizsilveira, I'm glad somebody else finds the lack of a decent table queing system frustrating.

I find I am limited to only 4 tables at a time on 888 now when 18 months ago I was playing 8+. They had it sorted in the earlier version of the software, now it is just silly. They must be losing out on so much rake because of something so basic.

I also just untick the post bb button when I want to leave a table at the end of an orbit. It works fine for me.

Cheers

Fagin

Im still using the old software that was out 18 months ago and it works perfectly.. had to install it since new software made me tilt much

Cant find link to it but i have setup saved on comp (which is lucky ace poker btw but same network so im pretty sure old software works on 888 aswell)
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi,

888 sent me a link to the old software version some time ago, but as I play tournaments sometimes, I don't use it. The tournament lobby is so much better n the new software.

I will be putting up with just playing 4 tables for a while as the new software just tilts me too much if I have more than that open :( ?( .

It is 888's loss as I would otherwise be playing 8 tables, generating twice as much rake for them and moving up in limits more quickly generating even more rake! :s_cool:

GL