Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2
      MP1:
      $5,09

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0,06, 5 folds, Hero calls $0,04.

Flop: ($0,13) J:club: , T:diamond: , 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0,07, Hero raises to $0,47, MP1 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,27

I think I have to protect my hand here against the several draws villain could have. But I'm not sure abaout the raising size or if I should DB here myself.

NOTE: Please ignore the stats, because it was the first hand against these opponent.
  • 2 replies
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi Meras18!

Slowplaying here is never option.

Raising size, is a good question and it depends on your opponent. On NL2 I would prefer 3x raising size, so would go for something $0.25 here. Your $0.5 looks to strong.

Donk betting is an option with opponents where you have history, or if it is likely that your opponent will check behind (passive, etc.). If your opponents is passive calling station, I would lead my self probably $0.10.

With donkbetting it is neccessary (on higher limits) have ballance and not to bet only strongest of your range (e.g. sets), but as well flush draws, 2 pairs, pairs + FD, etc.

Regards

Funktor
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meras18,

Donking is only an option if you knew that the guy ain't CBetting much and most likely Checks behind AK/AQ type of hands and maybe even other draws. But while you don't your play with Check/Raise it totally fine, never-ever Check/Call here and give away free cards while you are OOP. Although I'd still raise a bit smaller ~$0,30 which is almost pot size.

Best Regards.