The coming of a bankroll

• Julyof4th
      Julyof4th
      Bronze
      Hello to all!
      Here i willl daily update on how the 50$ invested from pokerstrategy is going.
      My goals? To make it to 5K before the end of 2008.

Day 1-3:

Day 1
      my first day at "work" at mansion poker with the 50$.
      Hitting the lowest NL tables(.05/.10) and despite reading the beginners manual to play shortstack, i am certain i can make 50BB's profittable at these tables.
      Playing 4 tables at all time i double the money, making it 100$ at the end of day 1.

So far not much to cheer to much about, but a 2x up is welcome:)
      Br: $100

Day 2
      Still having the good feeling brought by the debut, I still stick to my tactics and position play. Making odds my profittable friend. I must admitt i have lost about 30$ in total on aces and kings today, to Q3 suited and A6, to what i will define as fishes. Still though all in all i have a nice profit today as well

Br. $150

Day 3
      Starting to grow a bit tired of the .05/.10 NL tables. The level of play is to easy and not as profitable as i think i can make it. Did some hands at the .15/25 NL tables, with 5$ profit. Makes this a harder pack to beat very profitable. Added to note that there are a lot of fish calling, but unfortunately they seem to hit often against the odds. Still, they should be very wary of the odds play, cause i know they will be busted real hard when lady luck abandon them:D

Br: $215
  • 9 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello Julyof4th,

Its good to hear that you are doing well - although I strongly suggest to move to either bigstack or shortstack strategy. 50BB is simply not optimal. Since you have $215 you can infact play BSS - although you should defintely read all the BSS articles first. We also have lots of videos on NL10-25 BSS in the videos section which I can only recommend :)

Hope to see you posting hands and attending the coachings!

Best regards and good luck at the tables,
      SoyCD
    • Julyof4th
      Julyof4th
      Bronze
      Day 4:
      A bizarre and maybe a bit fun day, Which started with suffering the mothers of all BAD BEATs. Holding pock rockets and reraising 2 raisers on button, to be called by 1. Flop gives A 9 6 rainbow, and opponent bets the pot (1/4 of his stack). Knowing I floped the monster i raised him to make it 2/3 of his stack to get him pot commited. The fool reraises me all-in and shows 55. Turn and river gives him quad fives, so what can i say.. This in mind i rebuy, and with 2 goals in mind. Cut the losses, and KILL off the villain's stack:)
      1 hour later i am above waterlevel, equalled the loss after trapping the same fool with nutflush against 2 pairs.

Still the weirdest hand of the day were still to come...
      Sitting on the button again with my rockets i see player 3 raise 3x, player 4 reraises 2x, player 7 reraises 2x, and i reraised 2x. To see all others call.
      What can i think but there are monsters all around the table. Flop gives A 2 2, knowing that playing ducks wouldnt made ANY sense, i know i am BIG favorite.
      First to speak bets 1/3 of the pot, and with the 2 others to call, i raise 2x. All calls. Turn gives 2. There is no way i can lose this hand. NOBODY plays X 2 after that preflop round. I push all-in after 3 checks, to see all call. Player 3 hold KK. Player 4 hold QQ, and last player shows KK. I can not lose, i am as big favorite as 1 can be... The river gives the last and 4th 2.. making it a split pot...

BR: still $215(shoulda been 350)

Looking forward to keep improving my stack.

(I have still not downloaded grab'em so sorry for not posting the hands.)
    • Julyof4th
      Julyof4th
      Bronze
      Day 5:
      Not much to say:) short day "at work"
      30 min play

Br: $240
    • DE4DLY
      DE4DLY
      Bronze
      I am glad it is not just me :rolleyes: .
      I have witnesses a load of crazy hands lately...
      Must be something in the water.
      :)
    • Julyof4th
      Julyof4th
      Bronze
      Hehe.. maybe there IS something in the water..;)
      but yeah, i know that sometimes things goes like this. And when it does i am just glad i stick to the BRM so that i can take a lot of hits without beeing broke:)
      Fortunately i'm still growing my BR while taking beats so i cant really complain can i?:)
    • Julyof4th
      Julyof4th
      Bronze
      Day 6:
      What a horrible day. Lost all important pots on river.. Even with AA agaisnt crazy lunatic J4cloves, hitting 5 on river to complete a runner runner str8
      A day of big jokes. So crazy that i almost had to scream in anger.. But thats life..
      Br: $100
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Ouch halved the BR?

Just don't play outside of the BRM - especially not now. But it good to see you see you accepting the variance. Its a part of Poker :(

Lets hope it goes up in future sessions!
    • Julyof4th
      Julyof4th
      Bronze
      I didnt play outside the BRM just had an extreme bad run, and i just kept gettting monster hands that were beat. and when the players u lose to playes horrible, its hard to leave a table when u get aces, kings big slicks every second hand.

But i guess thats why 1 have BRM to survive that kinda of crap.
    • Julyof4th
      Julyof4th
      Bronze
      Day 7:
      Have had a pretty good run at the tables, making the heavy loss last day vanish in the history books. In 1 and a half hour i have made 100$ playing at 6 .05/.10 NL tables at the time. And the difference is just that i dont get beat by riverrats today. the biggest pot so far gave me Net $15 with hitting my kings to give me nut set and a preflop donkey hitting 2 pairs with T4 on a rainbow flop with a total of 8x blind raise preflop. Gotta give it to donks like that.. they are not afraid of anything.

Calling it a day after 3 and a half hours with a nice profit:)

BR: $230

So i am back where i were, and still learning a lot:)