This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

The coming of a bankroll

• Julyof4th
      Julyof4th
      Bronze
      Hello to all!
      Here i willl daily update on how the 50$ invested from pokerstrategy is going.
      My goals? To make it to 5K before the end of 2008.

Day 1-3:

Day 1
      my first day at "work" at mansion poker with the 50$.
      Hitting the lowest NL tables(.05/.10) and despite reading the beginners manual to play shortstack, i am certain i can make 50BB's profittable at these tables.
      Playing 4 tables at all time i double the money, making it 100$ at the end of day 1.

So far not much to cheer to much about, but a 2x up is welcome:)
      Br: $100

Day 2
      Still having the good feeling brought by the debut, I still stick to my tactics and position play. Making odds my profittable friend. I must admitt i have lost about 30$ in total on aces and kings today, to Q3 suited and A6, to what i will define as fishes. Still though all in all i have a nice profit today as well

Br. $150

Day 3
      Starting to grow a bit tired of the .05/.10 NL tables. The level of play is to easy and not as profitable as i think i can make it. Did some hands at the .15/25 NL tables, with 5$ profit. Makes this a harder pack to beat very profitable. Added to note that there are a lot of fish calling, but unfortunately they seem to hit often against the odds. Still, they should be very wary of the odds play, cause i know they will be busted real hard when lady luck abandon them:D

Br: $215
  • 9 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello Julyof4th,

Its good to hear that you are doing well - although I strongly suggest to move to either bigstack or shortstack strategy. 50BB is simply not optimal. Since you have $215 you can infact play BSS - although you should defintely read all the BSS articles first. We also have lots of videos on NL10-25 BSS in the videos section which I can only recommend :)

Hope to see you posting hands and attending the coachings!

Best regards and good luck at the tables,
      SoyCD
    • Julyof4th
      Julyof4th
      Bronze
      Day 4:
      A bizarre and maybe a bit fun day, Which started with suffering the mothers of all BAD BEATs. Holding pock rockets and reraising 2 raisers on button, to be called by 1. Flop gives A 9 6 rainbow, and opponent bets the pot (1/4 of his stack). Knowing I floped the monster i raised him to make it 2/3 of his stack to get him pot commited. The fool reraises me all-in and shows 55. Turn and river gives him quad fives, so what can i say.. This in mind i rebuy, and with 2 goals in mind. Cut the losses, and KILL off the villain's stack:)
      1 hour later i am above waterlevel, equalled the loss after trapping the same fool with nutflush against 2 pairs.

Still the weirdest hand of the day were still to come...
      Sitting on the button again with my rockets i see player 3 raise 3x, player 4 reraises 2x, player 7 reraises 2x, and i reraised 2x. To see all others call.
      What can i think but there are monsters all around the table. Flop gives A 2 2, knowing that playing ducks wouldnt made ANY sense, i know i am BIG favorite.
      First to speak bets 1/3 of the pot, and with the 2 others to call, i raise 2x. All calls. Turn gives 2. There is no way i can lose this hand. NOBODY plays X 2 after that preflop round. I push all-in after 3 checks, to see all call. Player 3 hold KK. Player 4 hold QQ, and last player shows KK. I can not lose, i am as big favorite as 1 can be... The river gives the last and 4th 2.. making it a split pot...

BR: still $215(shoulda been 350)

Looking forward to keep improving my stack.

(I have still not downloaded grab'em so sorry for not posting the hands.)
    • Julyof4th
      Julyof4th
      Bronze
      Day 5:
      Not much to say:) short day "at work"
      30 min play

Br: $240
    • DE4DLY
      DE4DLY
      Bronze
      I am glad it is not just me :rolleyes: .
      I have witnesses a load of crazy hands lately...
      Must be something in the water.
      :)
    • Julyof4th
      Julyof4th
      Bronze
      Hehe.. maybe there IS something in the water..;)
      but yeah, i know that sometimes things goes like this. And when it does i am just glad i stick to the BRM so that i can take a lot of hits without beeing broke:)
      Fortunately i'm still growing my BR while taking beats so i cant really complain can i?:)
    • Julyof4th
      Julyof4th
      Bronze
      Day 6:
      What a horrible day. Lost all important pots on river.. Even with AA agaisnt crazy lunatic J4cloves, hitting 5 on river to complete a runner runner str8
      A day of big jokes. So crazy that i almost had to scream in anger.. But thats life..
      Br: $100
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Ouch halved the BR?

Just don't play outside of the BRM - especially not now. But it good to see you see you accepting the variance. Its a part of Poker :(

Lets hope it goes up in future sessions!
    • Julyof4th
      Julyof4th
      Bronze
      I didnt play outside the BRM just had an extreme bad run, and i just kept gettting monster hands that were beat. and when the players u lose to playes horrible, its hard to leave a table when u get aces, kings big slicks every second hand.

But i guess thats why 1 have BRM to survive that kinda of crap.
    • Julyof4th
      Julyof4th
      Bronze
      Day 7:
      Have had a pretty good run at the tables, making the heavy loss last day vanish in the history books. In 1 and a half hour i have made 100$ playing at 6 .05/.10 NL tables at the time. And the difference is just that i dont get beat by riverrats today. the biggest pot so far gave me Net $15 with hitting my kings to give me nut set and a preflop donkey hitting 2 pairs with T4 on a rainbow flop with a total of 8x blind raise preflop. Gotta give it to donks like that.. they are not afraid of anything.

Calling it a day after 3 and a half hours with a nice profit:)

BR: $230

So i am back where i were, and still learning a lot:)