Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($6.97)
      Hero ($5)
      UTG ($9.24)
      CO ($4.79)
      BTN ($9.93)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:club:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.15, fold, Hero raises to $0.45, BTN calls $0.30

FLOP ($0.92) Q:club: 5:club: 3:spade:

[color=red]Hero bets $0.60, BTN raises to $1.20, Hero??

Villain relative unknown 20/15 but only 20 hands.
  • 4 replies
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I feel like he can have 99 - JJ here. Tough to play OOP though.

Call and re-evaluate on the turn would be my best guess. I think he's much less likely to bet the turn with 99-JJ after you call on the flop, and if he checks it back, you can bet the river for value.

Not sure what you should do if you call and check the turn and he bets again.
    • morris979
      morris979
      Bronze
      I am getting into this spot a lot. I always think if that if I ship, it must be bad because I am very rarely getting called by worse.But then when I call & the turn bricks & they fire again it's tough. Maybe it's just variance but the times I am getting raised on the flop in 3 bet pots is just sick. I'm only playing NL5.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I much prefer the call and reevaluate line when I think about it. He will take a free card with clubs on the turn, and will sometimes bet worse pocket pairs.

Whats his aggro factor? any other stats on him?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello morris979,

Preflop: Against those 3xBB raises I would even consider doing it 4xBB raise being OOP. And not give great implied odds if he wants to set-mine here.

As played
      Postflop: Well, being in 3bet pot and he may easily even have Qx hands or even worse. I'd just get it in right on flop, no point to Call it anyways against him being OOP. But ye, obviously should have raised bigger preflop. :( Gave pretty good odds for set mining.

Best Regards.