[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH A3s

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      So I like suited aces, especially ones that make a straight too. It's a vice. Is this really a fold preflop in 6max? Either way its better that I raise than limp.

Flop is great for me with 2 callers. I figure to get value here from bigger Ax hands. I should prob c-bet a bit bigger vs 2 players?

Turn is Kd. Safe card for me. I decide to take an unorthadox line here. I feel by checking, every Ax hand will need to protect here, esp vs aggro player and I might be able to get a 3rd street of value. It also allows agro player to bluff at the pot here. Should I just be betting the turn instead even vs aggro player? too risk to let him draw to the flush for free?

His turn bet is REALLY small, which basically gives me no information. I am still pretty sure at this point I have the best hand. I feel like he can have a lot of pocket pairs here, but also a decent number of Ax hands.

River is great for me. Pairs the board so he will now think he is chopping any Ax hand. I decide to pot the river thinking he wont call much with a PP in this spot anyway, but he will never be able to fold an ace based on my line.

Thoughts?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $11.05
      Hero:
      $13.41
      MP3:
      $7.78

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , 3:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.30, MP3 calls $0.30, 3 folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.95) A:heart: , 8:spade: , 3:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.68, MP3 calls $0.68, BB folds.

Turn: ($2.31) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.4, Hero calls $0.40.

River: ($3.11) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.96, MP3 calls $2.96.

Final Pot: $9.03

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, threes full of aces (Ad 3d)
      MP3 shows (Ac 2c)

Hero wins with a full-house, threes full of aces (Ad 3d)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Well, CBet bigger on flop and definitely you have to 2nd barrel the turn rather than give away free cards. We still need to protect our hand and if we get raised it's most likely the case that we are behind. :)

Best Regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      If we get raised it's likely we're behind what? Ak/a8 or 88. I think that's a small part of his potential range here? If I bed again he will pretty much fold everything worse except maybe AJ or AQ anyway. You don't think I lose value vs most of his range by double barreling?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      If we get raised it's likely we're behind what? Ak/a8 or 88. I think that's a small part of his potential range here? If I bed again he will pretty much fold everything worse except maybe AJ or AQ anyway. You don't think I lose value vs most of his range by double barreling?
      Even if he is an aggressive player then I rarely doubt that they are capable of raising there with worse/draws. Most of other 2pairs have you beat and the same goes of course even set of 88.

Well, that kind of loose opponent I rarely doubt the is folding any Ax hand there/FD and maybe sometimes even GS. :D So therefore I would definitely Bet the turn myself for value from Ax hands and at the same time draws which may just Check behind. With your Check/Call you just gave him perfect odds for any draw.