MP1: $42.70
      MP2: $20.80
      Hero (CO): $4.65
      BTN: $12.95
      SB: $15.90
      BB: $57.20
      UTG: $27.45
      UTG+1: $29.50

Pre-Flop: 8:spade: 8:diamond: dealt to Hero (CO)
      UTG calls $0.25, 4 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, BTN folds, SB calls $1.15, 2 folds

Flop: ($3) J:heart: 5:diamond: 9:spade: (2 Players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2, SB raises to $4, Hero folds

Results: $7 Pot ($0.30 Rake)
      SB mucked and WON $6.70 (+$3.45 NET)

Another one I'm unsure of, I have the odds to call but SSS says fold right?
  • 6 replies
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      I would push flop directly. Pot is 3$, you have 3.45$ left.
    • Pureman
      Pureman
      Bronze
      Push Flop.
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      SSS says fold...
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ManniXXX
      SSS says fold...
      played as you did with the normal 2/3 contibet a fold is ok at this spot imo.

But I think it would be better to push directly instead of make a 2/3 bet. as said before your stack is only slightly bigger than the pot, so you can push. As preflop agressor you have enough fold equity to win the pot directly imo. Your able to make also better hands to fold, representing the Q, JJ+. So pushing here directly seems fine to me. ;)

besides this check raise play could only be a check raise bluff which would have worked. it's too far thinking on NL25 as small stack, but as a big stack against you a possible play. even this you would avoid by a push after his check first in.

but as said on NL25 this would mean yr opponent plays kind of advanced play which is not so often on this limit.
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gremlin68
      Originally posted by ManniXXX
      SSS says fold...
      played as you did with the normal 2/3 contibet a fold is ok at this spot imo.

But I think it would be better to push directly instead of make a 2/3 bet. as said before your stack is only slightly bigger than the pot, so you can push. As preflop agressor you have enough fold equity to win the pot directly imo. Your able to make also better hands to fold, representing the Q, JJ+. So pushing here directly seems fine to me. ;)

besides this check raise play could only be a check raise bluff which would have worked. it's too far thinking on NL25 as small stack, but as a big stack against you a possible play. even this you would avoid by a push after his check first in.

but as said on NL25 this would mean yr opponent plays kind of advanced play which is not so often on this limit.
      Thanks, this is exactly what I needed to hear. Would you push with 2 overs or is the strength of a pocket pair needed?
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      With AK you can push when your stack: size ratio is 1.5 or lower. Also watch the hidden outs (NL SSS sample hands week #7). In some situations your AK becomes a strong draw, which you have to play aggressively, even if your opponents bets first.

with AQ/AJ, KQ you should play more conservatively. Under 1.2 or lower ratio I would push any overcards.