This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 - River bluff

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4.17
      Hero:
      $5.41

0.03/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: , 9:club:
      BU folds, SB raises to $0.10, Hero calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.20) 8:diamond: , 7:spade: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.36) A:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.2, Hero calls $0.20.

River: ($0.76) J:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.41, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.76
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Don't do it on NL5:)

You might come across thinking player on this limit, but most of the players will call you with even 7 :diamond: here. Your bet is not so big so it looks like inviting bet. Problem is that people are not thinking so much and they see only 1/2 pot bet and decide to "see what you have".

I recommend folding on this turn. We can only hope to bluff him off the hand, since even if we get T we won't be happy with calling big bet or going broke. Also, he already might have some of our outs so we're in even worse position than we think. In the long term I would rather advise not to play this line.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

Standard fold on turn, I don't like your Call at all there. I mean you could be already drawing dead there. :(

Best Regards.