[NL2-NL10] Top 2pair vs loose cannon

• delanonunes
      delanonunes
      Gold
      I completed small blind which maybe was first mistake?? didnt know where i was on the flop even if my 2 pair looked quite good...gutshot draw never crossed my mind i thought maybe he had high ace or middle pair didnt think he'd play flush draw so agressively....i didnt like min-raising but thought i'd see if it helped me at all (which it didnt and was pointless, dont know what i was thinking)....didnt think i should back off to his shove but as usual turned out the fish wins again......23s for the gutshot....idiot....grrrrrrrrrr

Do i fold top 2 pair to these maniac types?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1.81
      BB:
      $1.82
      UTG2:
      $5.59
      MP1:
      $1.95
      MP2:
      $1.31

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , 6:diamond:
      UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.10) A:diamond: , 6:spade: , 4:spade: (5 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.1, UTG2 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB raises to $0.80, UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $1.79 (All-In), BB raises to $1.80 (All-In), BB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Turn: ($3.78) 9:diamond:
      River: ($3.78) 5:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.78

I actually went on tilt after this and had to end session couldn't believe i had his range all ar** backwards...lol HELP!!!
  • 2 replies
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      You should be leading the flop here if you decide to complete.
      Check min raising the pot bet on the flop with 1 caller is also Very bad but by doing this you Induce a potential semibluff from some combodraws so calling might not be too bad vs this player.

Remember this is a free play pot and you shouldn't overvalue your hands or slow play OOP.

Was it 2s3s?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello delanonunes,

Add to full stack.

First of all I'd ask you why ain't ya protecting your hand? You should definitely bet yourself on flop rather than Check it. Even if you do go for Check/Raise line then your sizing is just horrible. You are giving away very good odds for any draws to Call.

But overall it really depends on the opponent, most likely against that wide range I don't mind even going broke while he may easily even have just Ax hands which he is overplaying and maybe even worse 2pairs. But bet yourself!

Best Regards.