Unam

Feedback thread: Collin Moshman - Wednesdays, 20:00 GMT

Collin MoshmanGame type: Sit & Go
      Time: Wednesdays, 20:00 GMT

About the coach
      • Author of several Sit a& Go books including The Math of Hold 'em
      • Honors in Theoretical Math from California Institute of Technology
      • One of the world's premier Sit & Go experts

AdminCollinMoshman says: "I focus heavily on ranges, making mathematically sound decisions, and exploitive play. I believe strongly in varying your style according to the structure and one's opponents.

"Even though my focus is generally Sit & Go coaching, my coaching will be very useful to all players. Multi-Table Tournament players, particularly those who play turbos, can also directly benefit."

Give Collin your feedback!

In this thread you can give Collin all your thoughts on his coaching sessions and suggest any changes/improvements/things you'd like to see.
  • 154 replies
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      Great coaching (when we disregard spammers)
      Looking forward to new coachings.
      Great to have you here Collin!
      (Unam is meh, but we get used to him :) )
    • Shaquill
      Shaquill
      Bronze
      Hi Collin and welcome!

I think, it was an interesting coaching. Though, if you want to make a hand review coaching, I'd prefer, you to prepare some interesting hands. In this coaching, there was a lot of searching a hand - silence, while reading - and then a short insta thoughts to the hands.

However, I would have loved to see Unam play a HU superturbo with you commenting on his play and certain sitiuations. :)
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Nice job guys.
    • 4nGeL
      4nGeL
      Black
      nicely done imo.
      good coaching, looking forward to more.
    • Hylite
      Hylite
      Bronze
      Nice session with Collin and Unam. Collin is very likable and I'm looking forward reading and listening more content (and more jokes!) from him!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Too much spam in the chat though esp. in the beginning. But it should get better as soon as required status for future coachings is higher - or bring some mods for this type of coachings with 200+ paticipants. :D
    • DasWodka
      DasWodka
      Bronze
      unam and collin are like robben and ribery and should work often togehter :D
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      GJ with the coaching, cba spammers :P
    • CollinMoshman
      CollinMoshman
      Coach
      Coach
      Thanks guys! Really enjoyed doing this coaching and also getting the opportunity to collaborate with Unam, very fun for me :)

Shaquill, I totally agree, and sorry for any points where both of us were reading without speaking. While this format was very enjoyable for me, I will do my best in all future coaching to avoid any issues like that.

And I also agree about the spammers, I'm sure with higher-status coaching that should improve a lot, and if not we can consult with PS to figure out how to eliminate spammers from the coaching.
    • noisecore
      noisecore
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CollinMoshman
      Thanks guys! Really enjoyed doing this coaching and also getting the opportunity to collaborate with Unam, very fun for me :)

Shaquill, I totally agree, and sorry for any points where both of us were reading without speaking. While this format was very enjoyable for me, I will do my best in all future coaching to avoid any issues like that.

And I also agree about the spammers, I'm sure with higher-status coaching that should improve a lot, and if not we can consult with PS to figure out how to eliminate spammers from the coaching.
      Hi collin, maybe unam didn't tell you but you can get an extra person with coach status in the coaching player (muted mic perhaps) to kick every spammer or abuser :)

I'd be glad to take that task for a free coaching session :coolface:

But yeah higher-status coaching would work too I guess.

Cheers ,

Noise
    • Antonioull
      Antonioull
      Bronze
      It was nice

Would like to present some suggestions.

1- If possible and being Collin so popular among SNG players maybe it would be nice to open a thread with questions in advance , then select the most interesting ones possibly elaborate some discussion points around those questions and reply live before the training

2 I am in favour of planning before the training , for example 30 min for replies
      15 min for overall talk about online poker directions is headed
      then maybe some live... whatever , but if things are pre programmend i feel
      they would work out much better
      also some poll here about what people want in the training ?

I feel it would be nice to change a bit the direction as for ex. Unam gives already the live turbo training so , although that might still be an option with Collin i feel adding extra value points would be much better

Kind regards

A
    • CollinMoshman
      CollinMoshman
      Coach
      Coach
      Noisecore, that's a very good idea, and I'd be happy to do a live coaching together where we go through games you've played and combat spammers together :)

Antonioull, I definitely agree with your suggestions for future coaching in this format. For my next live coaching though, I am planning on a replayer analysis.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      can some future session involve Katie? i would also love to hear what she has to say regarding getting started in SNG's when you're not super mathematical poker pro, what will it take to cross the divide from casual player, what is it like to be a girl playing poker seriously, what Collin is reeeally like :coolface: ... (unless you want to answer these yourself?)

if it interrupts regular sessions too much, maybe you can do it if there is a tournament extra session planned (like that time in Pokerfest when the coaches allowed students to rail for fun although not disclosing hands until after it was done ofc, and there was a lot of time between hands for questions)
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Just like to add my thanks. Very thorough session. Good that you were open to users' comments on alternative lines + close push/fold spots.
    • CollinMoshman
      CollinMoshman
      Coach
      Coach
      Thanks Tim, appreciate that. If anyone else has comments on today's coaching I think this thread still works fine and I'd be very happy to hear. Was there a voice lag? Anything you'd like to see different?

I am still new to the process so I really appreciated the comments/suggestions/questions people were typing in, very helpful for me. One thing I've learned is that if I'm doing a dual commentary coaching to make sure the audio works well in advance -- I'm very glad we did get it working though as I greatly enjoyed hearing akrammon's thoughts and analysis. Thanks very much to him for allowing me to use his games and participate, and big thanks also to everyone who tuned in and participated.

Oh and purplefizz I'd love to do a session with Katie, hopefully we can work that out :)
    • Antonioull
      Antonioull
      Bronze
      Hi

It was nice , only prob was hearing akramon
      i hope u can provide more trainings in the future ,

looking fw

A
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

Thanks for the coaching Collin, it was super useful and fun for me!

To the others, sorry about the audio problems, I thought that arriving 5-10 mins earlier should be enough... Everything else seemed ok (the actual content)?

Cheers,
      akrammon
    • JustgAMblin
      JustgAMblin
      Bronze
      nice public coching with Cillin and Katie. ty

next time please take more time for questions in the chat. you dont have to run over the spots. I think everyone could get more out of it if you take your time for questions.

Ty, was a pleasure.

:)
    • CollinMoshman
      CollinMoshman
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by JustgAMblin
      nice public coching with Cillin and Katie. ty

next time please take more time for questions in the chat. you dont have to run over the spots. I think everyone could get more out of it if you take your time for questions.

Ty, was a pleasure.

:)

Thanks for the feedback. I felt at the time like we were getting to most of the questions, but sorry if I missed more than I realized :) If you have any you asked that I didn't answer, if you ask me right here I'll be very glad to reply.

It was very fun for me getting to work with Katie and participate with everyone who tuned in!
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Collin, I learned a lot in your session so thank you very much for making the effort.
      You and Katie just seem to have so much fun playing I couldn't help but be entertained!

The very best for the coming New Year to you both.

Mal.